1/4 Mile Times

snap said:
silver03p5 said:
HAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHA wtf are you talking about man[/QUOTE

believe what you want but ive seen the dyno and his run i dont know the exact nums but ill get them and post it has been done and for under 10k like i said its all bout the TUNING have to tune after ever mod weither it be an intake or cams you have to tune
dude people have trouble getting 300whp BOOSTED. ill believe whats true

silver03p5 said:
HAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHA wtf are you talking about man
I know that sounds bogus, but a friend of a friend of mine from MD actually had a P5 that was around 500hp, I dont really know too much on the makeup of the engine but I know he replaced a number of parts. Regretably he trashed it a little over a year ago whilst racing in CA.

I will see if I can get some info and pos some pics from my friends friend.

Stay tuned!

Peace.

No friggin way he had a 500hp n/a motor.

I dont think any production n/a 4cyl motor has ever gotten 500hp with any amount of tuning.

Now with boost, Im quite sure 500hp is possible- though that would be an insane amount of boost.

here you go. if i ran today i think i could run a mid 16. everyone knows this car is made for the turns.

(shocked) (omg) :bs: No way there is a 300hp or 500hp N/A FS motor, no fricken way!!!!!

People have trouble getting there on Boost, thats going to take some Proof, Nobody will take your word on a HUGE claims like that.

y'all are a bunch of haters....

you can put down any kinda numbers you want with enough stickers (rlaugh)

Last edited:
aMaff said:
y'all are a bunch of haters....

you can put down any kinda numbers you want with enough stickers (rlaugh)

Yeah maybe with a V-Tec Sticker he makes the 400hp diference (ughdance)

OH

MY

GAWD! That's 300hp PER STICKER!

Last edited:
Well I just asked for some more info from my friend and he is going to see what he can do, but the driver has been in a coma for over a year since the accident.
As for it being NA, I dont know what he did, as I said, I recall being told that he put forged parts in and so on, but no idea what he did exactly.

<<< not a mechanic, but I would guess it did have NOS.

Just in case anyone else knew or heard about it, what happend (as I was just told) is that he was taking a turn at 125mph when the suspension gave out and he rolled and the car just broke up.

Anyway, if I can find out more I will post, but dont want to change the OP's topic for this thread.

Peace

Last edited:
I ran a 17.46 at 80.3 mph in my basically stock P5 (all I have is an exhuast). I launched it at 3000 rpm and only got a little wheel spin. I agree with everyone else, unless you drop a turbo in to it its hard to get any real power out of it and aftermaket turbos are real touchy things.

Rac3rX said:
Yeah maybe with a V-Tec Sticker he makes the 400hp diference (ughdance)
Showing ignorance now... but what is a V-Tec Sticker?

benben84 said:
didn't know cobra's where that slow...wow

They all aren't.His is a 5.0 Cobra.Those didn't run as well as the newer ones.

My 99' went 13.70's stock.It went 12.20's@113with a solid axle conversion/gears,CAI,xpipe and catback(on sticky tires).

RedSled said:
Showing ignorance now... but what is a V-Tec Sticker?
one of the many:
VTECInside.jpg

Oh, and don't nobody EVER forget:
vtec_ownz.jpg

aMaff said:
one of the many:
VTECInside.jpg

Oh, and don't nobody EVER forget:
vtec_ownz.jpg

Ok, but what is it? This just some kinda joke about inflated HP ratings?

RedSled said:

V-Tec is the kinda of engine in Si Civics...but it seems that anyone with a Civic or Rice car likes to put a V-Tec sticker on the back of their car.

Ok, I knew of the V-Tec engine, was the V-Tec sticker that got me but thank you Coup for explaining it to me.

<<< Learning slowly, but still (RTM)!

RedSled said:

V-Tec = Variable-Timing & lift, Electronically Controlled

& The New

iVTec = Intelegent Variable-Timing & lift, Electronically Controlled

basically at a preset rpm the camshafts switch to larger sized cams and make the intake and exhaust valvs stay open longer.

Last edited:
Back