1/4 Mile Times

2002Pro-5

I've had my car since october '01 and i've never taken it to the track so i was just wondering what it might run in the 1/4. My Cobra will do 14's easy but i figure the P5 might run in the 16's. It is totally stock with an air filter. Tell me what you guys have managed to get.

a mate here in australia got a best (me driving) of 16.560 @ 83.58mph over the 1/4 in stock trim. everything in the car, stock air filter. i think you call them ES's over there. it's basically the p5 in a sedan (so same body kit etc). and it also had a sunroof for extra weight.

I got a 16.9 with intake/headers/exhaust with absolutely no drag racing experience (and only 8 months MTX driving to boot). Thats with a crappy ass launch- and there is no way I am more than 10hp over stock.

I would say a good driver should be able to get high 16s out of a stock p5

.paul said:
It'll probably take the better part of your weekend to do a 1/4 mile with the P5.
(rlaugh)(hahaspit)(rofl)(hahaspit)(rlaugh)

.paul said:
It'll probably take the better part of your weekend to do a 1/4 mile with the P5.

Indubitably. I don't understand why people spend money to try to make these cars faster; short of going all out with turbo 'n' s***. But still $5000 or whatever just to have a total of a measely 180 hp....

Handling, gas mileage, reliability and *factory* appearance are these cars strong points. It was fine just the way it came. The only aftermarket modifications I did where small scratches and small dents. And the window mod. ;)

But if you mod your car for 2 more hp, fine, thats your thing. Just expressing my opinion here. Now thats my position and let's stop this crap.

Last edited:
buttthrax said:
Indubitably. I don't understand why people spend money to try to make these cars faster; short of going all out with turbo 'n' s***. But still $5000 or whatever just to have a total of a measely 180 hp....

Handling, gas mileage, reliability and *factory* appearance are these cars strong points. It was fine just the way it came. The only aftermarket modifications I did where small scratches and small dents. And the window mod. ;)

But if you mod your car for 2 more hp, fine, thats your thing. Just expressing my opinion here. Now thats my position and let's stop this crap.
I couldn't agree with you more.

The extent of my mods will prolly be slight suspension stuff, window tint, new wheel/tire combo, and the roof rack cap thinggy's. I don't see the point of dropping scads of money into making an extremely slow (straight line) car a bit faster than slow. That's money that could be spent on a vehicle that really is fast.

Speaking of the roof rack cap thinggy's I really need to talk to Ken about ordering those.

'02 P5 Dyno Results

Here are some Dyno Stats taken of a 100% Stock 02' Protege5 a little under a week ago.
<pre>Race Date:. . . . . . Apr 15 2006 6:22:54 PM
Vehicle Name: . . . . MP5
Vehicle weight: . . . 2984 lbs
Engine redline: . . . 6500 RPM
Fixed shiftpoint: . . 6000 RPM
Rollout:. . . . . . . 12 in, 0.77sec
Pitch Factor: . . . . 2.0 deg/G

Reaction: . . . . . . N/A
60ft: . . . . . . . . 2.730s
330ft:. . . . . . . . 7.451s
1/8 mi: . . . . . . . 11.364s @ 64.98mph
1000ft: . . . . . . . 14.660s