help quick

jsgolfer

:
2002 Protege 5
i need help bad. i had a dead battery and my friend crossed the jumpers, positive to negative and visa versa. blew the 100 amp fuse and now my radio doesnt work nor does the dome light and the keyless entry. i checked the coresponding fuses and they look fine. any suggestions?

It is a fuse inside the car, driver's side kickpanel. It is a 10 am fuse I think. It is red. That controls all that.

yeah you f'd up a fused. make sure the battery is ok too...ive heard that reversing them screws up the charges on them to where they dont charge correctly anymore.

Same thing happened to my friend and his battery was fine and he just had to replace a fuse that was blown

I think this is the "room" fuse in the interior fuse box. I've blown it before wiring in head units without disconnecting the battery.

I sure hope he didn't smoke-check the ECU! D'oh! :O

Check all fuses.
You may have blowna fusivble link also - so if the fuses check good and you still don;t something working - follow up with a multi meter until you find 12V+. Buy a new fusible link (can't reset).

You probably needed a new battery anyway...

Dang! Nothing is Idiot-proof! What a 'tard! Oh! Wait! I did it on my '79 chevy pickup and had to do all this.

Nevermind. ;)

thanks guys. ya i got a new battery. ill pull all the fuses in the kick panel today and see what i can see. i checked the one that controls the radio according to the manual and it was fine.

Back