Possible '03 P5 purchase, couple questions...

You'll definately like the car. Good looking, fun to drive, handles flat, nice interior for the $$$, the best factory steering wheel available on any car, and not many of them around. I don't drive mine much these days, but it's always fun when I do.

I love my P5. It has almost 100k miles on it, and there have been no issues other than routine maintenance. Someone stated it was easy to change the spark plugs, but they are WAY down in there, and I had to go buy an extension for my ratchet.. kind of a pain. It even survived my brother tearing around in it while I was deployed in the Gulf, which is saying something.

The only negative, to me, is the lack of power. You will occasionally get annoyed when some biddy in a Ford Aerostar beats you off the line, but no one buys these cars for power.

andy_guerriero said:
I love my P5. It has almost 100k miles on it, and there have been no issues other than routine maintenance. Someone stated it was easy to change the spark plugs, but they are WAY down in there, and I had to go buy an extension for my ratchet.. kind of a pain. It even survived my brother tearing around in it while I was deployed in the Gulf, which is saying something.

The only negative, to me, is the lack of power. You will occasionally get annoyed when some biddy in a Ford Aerostar beats you off the line, but no one buys these cars for power.

Well yeah the plugs are deep in there but I had an extension so it was a nonissue. Location wise, just being right there and not having to remove parts to get to them is really nice. changing them was hell on the 4.0 V6 in my Mazda truck.

Tasty said:
One thing I DO want to add is the street rings. I see they are in stock over at Street Unit right now. $55 though. :(

Also, shorty antenna, black the headlights. Then I'm done.

Uh, yeah, right.:bs:

50K+miles on an 02 DX with no problems, and 40K miles on a MSP with no problems. Stay on top of maintaince and they run well.

Latest posts

Back