I just bought a Protege5

Wow! $13300 for one with no accidents and that kind of milage is a really sweet deal. I bought an '02 for not a whole lot less than that last year, with like 30,000.

clicknext said:
Wow! $13300 for one with no accidents and that kind of milage is a really sweet deal. I bought an '02 for not a whole lot less than that last year, with like 30,000.

Are we talking $13300 Canadian or American? If its American then my car wasn't much more than that brand new.... (ughdance)

Yes I was joking.....I wanted to call bulls*** b/c I am jealous. You lucky bastard!

Again.....calling you a bastard not b/c I believe you to be one but b/c I am jealous.

BTW......love the black. It's (how can I sound forum cool?) teh hawtness. Bahh....I'm too old for that.

Yes you are very lucky, I bought mine for nearly the same price and lets say I had a few more miles on it.

Congrats! Have you taken it out on a twisty road yet? That's when you'll really fall in love with it! I used to work at a VW dealership that actually rolled back odometers on used cars...but I'm sure yours is legit :)

very nice find - lucky duck! and as everyone's been saying thus far, the more you drive it, the more you'll love it. i've had mine for 4 years now, and i can't imagine getting rid of her. they may be lacking a little (ok, a lot) in the power department, but they absolutely excel in the handling. drop it, and you'll make a great thing outstanding.

i forget who said it, but it's not so much about the miles per hour... but you'll more than make up for it with the smiles.

Man I wish I would have gotten one with a sunroof. I regret that decision. Welcome!

(I got mine with 4,500 miles for $13500 in April '03.)

Congrat's... I got my 02 last fall with 9k for 8k...now I'm @ 15k love driving this thing !!!!

Great find

fonzinator said:
Nice price blucadet!

You didn't mention if it was auto or manual tranny?

Its the sport auto thing. I dont know how to drive a stick (commence huge laughter from the peanut gallery). I've not even tried the sport auto. I dont do much highway driving. Is it fun to use in town?

I guess it is a 2003.5 cause it has the sub in the spare tire and it was sold in dec originally. Thats why my warranty goes all the way until the end of 2007. Someone had the phase reversed on the sub (maybe they shipped like that?) but I flipped the switch and now its rumbling pleasantly. I'm not an audiophile or a basshead so its pretty nice for a freeby.

Does everyone have the license plate holder in the front? Mine is screwed right into the bumper and I cant decide if I like it better with the holder or with 2 holes in my bumper.

blucadet3 said:
Its the sport auto thing. I dont know how to drive a stick (commence huge laughter from the peanut gallery). I've not even tried the sport auto. I dont do much highway driving. Is it fun to use in town?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
jk :p
To answer your question, it's probably better than nothing
blucadet3 said:
I guess it is a 2003.5 cause it has the sub in the spare tire and it was sold in dec originally. Thats why my warranty goes all the way until the end of 2007. Someone had the phase reversed on the sub (maybe they shipped like that?) but I flipped the switch and now its rumbling pleasantly. I'm not an audiophile or a basshead so its pretty nice for a freeby.
I'm the same way. I'm not an audio freak, but it's got enough bump bump to make me happy :) Good find
blucadet3 said:
Does everyone have the license plate holder in the front? Mine is screwed right into the bumper and I cant decide if I like it better with the holder or with 2 holes in my bumper.
Mine was a FL car originally, so it doesn't even have the holes...it did, however come with the holder in the glove box, which I promptly threw under my bed. If you don't need it, I'd do what lord zath said. You can get matched paint at the dealership for like 4 bucks, and the plugs are probably relatively cheap (they'd probably have to order them tho).

I went to AutoZone this weekend. They have a turn-rack w/ plastic plugs and plastic srews. Paint to match....works like a charm.

Back