New York: Mazda CX-9 press release with specs + pics!

I think it's funny, if the CX-9 is midsize and the CX-7 is considered compact and with the Tribute gone for 2007 and coming back in 2008, then what would the CX-5 be considered as...though no one has mentioned a CX-5, but Mazda North America has already registered with Network Solutions for the domain MazdaCX5.com and also note it has also registered Mazda9.com too.

yawn. so how is this any different than what 5 other makers are already doing? other than it's a Mazda, which makes it slightly better. I don't want anything with a higher COG than a sedan, ever. maybe a beater pickup.

SilverBulletES said:
yawn. so how is this any different than what 5 other makers are already doing? other than it's a Mazda, which makes it slightly better. I don't want anything with a higher COG than a sedan, ever. maybe a beater pickup.

I guess Mazda forgot that every vehicle in the world is designed to suit only your needs. :rolleyes:

The more I look at it...The more I realize it looks so much better than the Cayenne or the Touareg and at a much better price...IMO

mikeyb said:
Mazda is killing the Tribute.

Do you have a link to this? I suspect the same, but all official info only refers to production being suspended for 2007. I've asked this in other forums and there's nothing "official" that 2006 is the end for the Tribute.

The current version of the Tribute is dead. The redesigned model will be out early next year as a 2008 model.

Looks to me like the back row is just as small (if not smaller) as the Mazda5, with the added disadvantage of having to get into it without the benefit of a sliding door.

Nice idea, anyway.

mazdausa.com will already give out a starting price for the CX-9

it's 29630 USD

Any comments?

Expensive? Not? (scratch)

Back