Cruise Control instructions help...

not to be a dick but why would you use cruise when going 40kph or even 55kph. i don't know of any roads with a speed limit under 55mph that would warrant the use of cruise.

If any of your brake lights are fused there is a chance that the cruise will not work. Also the bulb may not be fused but remain on high all the time (like you have pressed the brake) the filament inside one of the bulbs could be touching each other (high touching low)

NJP5Guy said:
not to be a dick but why would you use cruise when going 40kph or even 55kph. i don't know of any roads with a speed limit under 55mph that would warrant the use of cruise.

One of the criteria for the cruise control to function is that you must be driving over 40 km/h. I DON'T use cruise at such a low speed, but was just stating the fact that I was driving ABOVE the minimum speed that the cruise control will engage at.

I just spoke to my friend's dad (who is a mechanic) and he told me that the problem may be with the brake switch since cruise control will disengage if the brakes are in use. Funny he mentions that... A week before I tested the cruise control, I adjusted the brake pedal height because the previous owner must've raised the brake pedal to the maximum height and it was killing my ankle! So I lowered the brake pedal height and had to re-adjust the switch. At first, the brake lights where always off. Then always on. I kept re-adjusting the brake switch until I realized I must've lowered the pedal too far from the switch. So i brought the brake pedal higher and the switch then worked perfectly. However, there's something happening in the chamber that the switch is installed into that I didn't have the time to figure-out. Something that was pressing the button even when no contact was being made. Maybe something related to the cruise control. Although there are 2 sets of wires to the switch and I'm certain 1 set must be for the brake lights and the other for Cruise. I'll take a look at it within the next week and let you guys know. THANKS!

Back