Matt's home built z5 turbo thread.

98b/w pro

It made me sad to delete all this. 100+ post. I had fun with this build.
But the proteges back to DDness. And I've already put it up on another forum.

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 686
  • t 25 flange.jpg
    t 25 flange.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 543
  • r2d2.jpg
    r2d2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 594
  • oil line kit.jpg
    oil line kit.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 543
  • ic.jpg
    ic.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
no need for the hostility, most of us here are open minded. those of us that aren't usually turn out to be tools that pwn themselves with thier foolishness anyhow.

i for one am eager to see the results and you know if you need anything to add into the kit i will help you.

98b/w pro said:
oh damn.
openmindedness.
my bad.
not use to that.
Sorry.
I usualy get a hard ass time from people.
I'll be less agressive from now on.
Yea man. It's ok in this forum. Some assholes will flame. but as was just said, most people get made asses of themselves, who are assholes. good luck with that. The sard bov sounds good.

98b/w pro said:
I don't want the hastle of the BP swap. Its to much work for the low gains. IF I do blow my engine Which I will. I can get a new Z5 for around $200. Can you get a BP with that no.
? i got my bp i just threw in for 250. and when u boost that it loves it

why? 25k, it is a 1994, found it on car-parts.com from a junk yard and the MOST expensive one of the 25 or so i found in eastern nc was like 400

Engine
Mazda Protege 91,285 --km--146,997 MB0026$318.59
--Can--
$360.011998
Engine
Mazda Protege1800 (VIN 2 or 4), AT- 1.8 AT NO/DIS 92K92,000A7271$250

for the bp those are all low mileage boostable applications

what management are you using? if u were going to use some sort of standalone you could use an obd I engine, wire it with whatever - haltech/microtech, and then it would be straight. and not cost more. but if ur doing piggy back and fmu then yeah, z5 will be cheaper. and no matter what, itll be more fun - itll be unique by any standards. where in fay do u live?

Problem with the BP swaps on the 2nd gens, is the rarity of the wiring harness for MTX BP powered 95-98's

Back