First Turbo or Paint Job?

FL_PR5 said:
surely you jest santisurf

well im sorry but i love my p5 and love driving it and pushing it every day! but only a handfull of people can turn a car thats not fast in the first place and make it quick unless u got cash(lots of cash) ... now that said... i have a P5 and i had a lease on it, now i just opened a loan to pay it off and trade it in for a mazda speed in a later time (in 2 years)... by then there will be something great out.. but if u go turbo now.... then alot of problems will happen or possibly happen... i had a problem with my engine with no turbo lol so yeah(bump) that said.... paint job or put that into a savings account and buy a really fast car then (2 years would have a good amount of interest).... but stay true to your roots and buy a mazda.. anyone somewhat agree with me?(boom01)im out! (pullup)

haha true. this won't me my last car. i got commented on my car today after the gym by some random person. so i must be doing something right. i'm bringing him over to the mazda side. he was all hyped about the p5 too for some odd reason.

btw: working at target sucked and yet i fear it again this summer. (braindead

well you got acouple of choices..... depending on how old you are depends on a job that you culd find and get good at. try and find a sales job around your area... they usually pay the best and you dno't need drug test and or a degree.... as we know we all a bunch of pot smokers lol(wow) (braindead

ha same. i did ASSetts protection. (targets version of security cop but without any protection or defence or offence) so i switched to sales floor.

wow, this looks like a target team member convention in here. eh, may as well join in. backroom!!!!!

i say turbo. but i have seen a spicy orange p5 and it was sick. it looked so good.

susamafone said:
wow, this looks like a target team member convention in here. eh, may as well join in. backroom!!!!!

i say turbo. but i have seen a spicy orange p5 and it was sick. it looked so good.

Here is an Arizona car that was painted Spicy Orange.

0686549-R1-038-17A_2%20(Medium).jpg

rumors of fradulant schemes. Her parents own a body shop and she allegedly claimed a hit & run. Insurance company didn't know her maiden name so she used her parents shop for this alleged hit & run. Insurance paid for the damage that is rumored to have been caused by her and her husband.

So you tell me how much it was? It most likely cost about $400 in paint and clear but labor was free since her Dad did it.

That P5 used to be midnight blue. Under the hood and inside the doors is still midnight blue. They traded it in about a year ago for a white 6 wagon.

They are also the same people that stiffed Beau (MAM) on a turbo set up on a honda civic SI. Wrote him a hot check on a Sunday to get the car from him then stopped payment on Monday.

rednecks_r_us said:
rumors of fradulant schemes. Her parents own a body shop and she allegedly claimed a hit & run. Insurance company didn't know her maiden name so she used her parents shop for this alleged hit & run. Insurance paid for the damage that is rumored to have been caused by her and her husband.

So you tell me how much it was? It most likely cost about $400 in paint and clear but labor was free since her Dad did it.

That P5 used to be midnight blue. Under the hood and inside the doors is still midnight blue. They traded it in about a year ago for a white 6 wagon.

They are also the same people that stiffed Beau (MAM) on a turbo set up on a honda civic SI. Wrote him a hot check on a Sunday to get the car from him then stopped payment on Monday.

o m g (ughdance)

that really sucks.

I don't want to piss anyone else off on here,(peep) but it's just an idea. If you have that much cash you could sell the car and buy something else, i mean everybody knows these arent the fastest cars in the world and then you go and drop a couple grand on a turbo, and then you are talking at least another thousand bucks on tuning it and other things in case something breaks and still you are only talking about a 14 second car max. You could get something else that has a lot more potential. Also, is it just paint and turbo or could you do something else? I would say put the money in the suspension. I think you put 2 grand in the suspension and you will have a lot more fun with the car and the car will put the power that it does have to the ground much more efficiently and it will be faster. But that's just me, don't get me wrong, i love my protege and i wont ever sell it but there are other options.

I say save it till you can turbo and do supporting mods. I was saving up to do that and have almost $3k put aside. But unfortunately for me, I started doing aesthetic mods to my car first cause back in the ol' day there weren't any turbo "kits" out there nor much known on our cars and I couldn't risk it on my daily driver. For me as an ol' G, I had to do aesthetic mods. Now I have to fix my bodykit and repaint the car and say bye-bye to the turbo project for now. (sad2)

Back