First Turbo or Paint Job?

is this really a question? If you can afford to do it right, terbow!

FL_PR5 said:
nealric: i did a search using 2002 Mazda Protege 2.0L MT Engine. i'm not sure what you used exactly.

jomo: i am not sure what you ment by it not running 100% all the time. problems?

Yeah, you will always run into problems over time. You cant just go boost and think thats that.

oh ok, i got you. but since you mentioned spicy orange man... ahh i'm drooling over a spicey orange p5. that would be hawt yo! ha.

nealric: i copied and pasted the site, so i dunno whats up. i was using car-part.com, copied and pasted from your reply.

sorry to thread jack, but was just wondering, is it thought of being bad taste/rice to have unmatching colors, like lets say, my chasis is red, you know engine bay and outside car its red, what if I was to paint the car black? I'm guessing the painters wouldnt bother with the engine bay, so that would remain red.

Turbo, if you can deal with the upkeep. Its a lot of work to run a turbo'd car. And don't do it if you can't afford to fix it when something goes wrong.

yea the cost of always doing maintenance on a turbo is driving me away.

and haus, i'd get every part of that color. they take out the engine and spray. they spray down pretty much everything except the interior from what they said. so no, it would not be rice.

Its not the cost of maintenance, its making sure you do it on a regular basis. Oil changes for example, you have to them on any car no matter what. On a boosted car, you need to make sure you do it on a regular basis, or you could mess things up really bad.

yea, and i'm just graduating. so this is like a burst of money. so to constantley do this at a college in dorms... eh, that would be tricky. my dorm would look like a garage.

I'm not going turbo in the P5 so I am doing a paint job right now. You can spend several thousand on a paint job. Trust me I know. I had hail damage now I have a block sanded roof. My painter was shocked at how thin Mazda paint and clear coats are.

yea, i really dislike how brittle this paint is. plus it would help with the resale value if i decide to trade in or anything. so,

i cant bleive you made this a real question of course turbo man. your cars not that bad to have it painted just yet

Back