Just bought a P5 - anything I should know???

RAQdaddy

Hey whats up everyone -

Brad here in Washington DC

anyway - i just bought a 2003 Protege 5 this afternoon and was searching the internet for random info on the car and came across this forum.

Just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone had any cruial info that I should know as the proud owner of a new P5.

Thanks guys (and gals) and glad to be here.

Brad

I have the TWM short shifter and love it. Tons of people on here have the Kartboy short shifter and bushings and love it too.

I say go for the Kartboy, it's a better price. Make sure to get the bushings too.

It makes driving the car a lot more fun, that's for sure.

Just type in any singel last thing that you want for you car in the search function. Theres lots of threads on people comparing similar aftermarket parts. I say get the kartboy combo.

Shifter, bushings, shift knob.

www.kartboy.com

I'm considering getting the knob but it'll feel morally wrong putting the kartboy knob on the TWM short shifter. I don't even remember why I got the TWM.

I had the kb shift knob. But my brother put on the sticker for the knob before I installed it. So when I screwed it on, the #'s were all sideways.I just gave it away to a kid I know witha p5. COme to think of it, I also just gave the 03.5 shift knob away to a person who bought my hood. I got to stop doing that. I could have had a few extra bucks around. I like the stock leather p5 shifter anyway. It has a good feel.

welcome! Feel free to check out the boards - just about any question you'd have can be answered here. Just be sure you use the search feature or else people will come after you lol.

Back