Mazdaspeed Buckets

FastMSP said:
Look closer to the pictures, then you'll know how bad the quality is. The seats are not aligned right. I heard someone got those ebay seats, and they fell apart after a week.

what do you mean by "not aligned right"?

65racecoupe said:
I was thinking about these Corbeau CR-1s in black cloth for my P5.

http://corbeau.com/products/cr1/cr1.shtml

Very reasonable price. Anyone have these?

All my suspension stuff won't mean a thing if I am sliding around on my stockers.

Very Nice seats i want a set of these myself I have sat in a car with them my advice to you is if you are a bigger guy make sure to get the wide ones they are worth the extra money just for comfort

Get cheap seats and you'll probably be killed in an accident when your seats crush you. Like theman said, mazdaspeed seats aren't cheap. More like $1000+ for them. www.corksport.com has prices for them.

Peace

L8R said:
Get cheap seats and you'll probably be killed in an accident when your seats crush you. Like theman said, mazdaspeed seats aren't cheap. More like $1000+ for them. www.corksport.com has prices for them.

Peace

Definitely not something I would ever want to risk.

Hey, wait.. someone who has side airbags buy these and give me your seats with side airbags. I really want the side airbags/abs package :(

Side airbags/ABS package requires a lot of differences in the wiring harness. I have side air/abs (Could do without either, though ABS has it's uses), but you wouldn't be able to do much of anything with it without some substantial rewiring.

flat_black said:
Side airbags/ABS package requires a lot of differences in the wiring harness. I have side air/abs (Could do without either, though ABS has it's uses), but you wouldn't be able to do much of anything with it without some substantial rewiring.

I know for a fact ABS can be done. I was hoping that the side airbags would be the same way.. like the wiring would be there.

Yeah, ABS is generally in place. Check under your seat for three separate connectors. One should be large and yellow, one SLIGHTLY smaller and white, and the normal black seat belt switch for the seat.

when you say ABS is generally in place do you mean just the wiring? how much do you think it would cost to have it installed?

Yeah, you'd have to get a new dash harness, side airbag sensors in the B-pillars, and the seats themselves to get functioning side airbags in your car.

Just the wiring, and probably a good chunk of change to add the rest... There's an ABS ECU, pump, diverter and additional hard brake line to add, among other things.

DE31 said:
when you say ABS is generally in place do you mean just the wiring? how much do you think it would cost to have it installed?

With the engine out of the bay it's not that hard to install ABS. You need the little thing behind the wheel hubs that spins so that the sensor can read the speed of the wheels, the brake force distribution box, and... some other stuff, but it's doable. I've seen the whole setup but it was on a race protege with the engine removed so that makes it completely different. He installed it thinking it would help him out on the track but when doing hard cornering when one of the back wheels comes off the ground, it would think that it had locked up and lessen the brake force to the other wheels.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the yellow or white connectors for the side airbags, unless they are tucked waaay under the carpet. Does the MSP have side airbags? That's enough to get my mom to agree to it :p

NegatiZE said:
Yeah, you'd have to get a new dash harness, side airbag sensors in the B-pillars, and the seats themselves to get functioning side airbags in your car.

You would know with all the swaps you've done (engine, interior). I just don't know if I could do it, as much as I love my Protege5 I think for all the work I would just get a MSP and call it a day, especially since I'm getting sorta high mileage. </offtopic>

So about those Mazdaspeed Buckets.

I really like that one with the adjustable headrest, they'd look cool in the Protege :)

I've seen an MSP in the area with those seats, and the quality is awful. You have to fab your own brackets, and they just look like garbage once installed. I have the ABS/SAB package in my ES, and I've thought about different seats, and I've been told you have to wire in a resistor between 11-13 ohms so you don't trip the airbag light in the dash. I don't remember specifics, but I think its there off the top of my head.

zverg said:
You would know with all the swaps you've done (engine, interior). I just don't know if I could do it, as much as I love my Protege5 I think for all the work I would just get a MSP and call it a day, especially since I'm getting sorta high mileage. </offtopic>

So about those Mazdaspeed Buckets.

I really like that one with the adjustable headrest, they'd look cool in the Protege :)

Yeah, it would be a lot cheaper if you bought another car, except for one minor problem: The MSP didn't have SAB's. ;)

NegatiZE said:
Yeah, it would be a lot cheaper if you bought another car, except for one minor problem: The MSP didn't have SAB's. ;)

Well it has ABS, so that'll be good. I really want side airbags though.

Back