"Low compression" FS-ZE dyno

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
My frankenstein creation, stock 9.1:1 compression but with all the other FS-ZE goodies to make a good starting point for turboing.

Attachments

• fszehybriddyno.pdf
    316.5 KB · Views: 1,131
wow, no extra power until almost 5k rpms...

I think that seals the deal with doing a turbo over n/a :)

that's depressing. Now I know why I didn't feel a thing after wasting two days and 450 dollars in tools to install my FS-ZE intake cam. :(

Thanks for posting though.

Yall are missing the point. The point is that these mods all TOGETHER will shift your powerband upward, so that you have more power up top, instead of it all falling off in the upper RPM range. I will tell you that with the JDM intake cam, my 5th gear is unusually strong. And that's the only JDM mod I have so far.

LinuxRacr said:
Yall are missing the point. The point is that these mods all TOGETHER will shift your powerband upward, so that you have more power up top, instead of it all falling off in the upper RPM range. I will tell you that with the JDM intake cam, my 5th gear is unusually strong. And that's the only JDM mod I have so far.

That answers the question I had. Now I know that when I boost I won't have to take the FS-ZE intake cam out.

Maybe I don't notice the power increase because we're talking ~100whp :p

I have both FS-ZE intake cam and exhaust j-spec cam installed on my Pro 5. The biggest difference I've noticed is in 4th and especially in fith gear. the car now actualy pulls in fith doing 100km/h (60MPH) where as before i would have to downshift into 4 just to accerate on the highway. I also have a thermal cat back exhaust and a SRI intake though.

banned bandit said:
I have both FS-ZE intake cam and exhaust j-spec cam installed on my Pro 5. The biggest difference I've noticed is in 4th and especially in fith gear. the car now actualy pulls in fith doing 100km/h (60MPH) where as before i would have to downshift into 4 just to accerate on the highway. I also have a thermal cat back exhaust and a SRI intake though.

um, I can accelerate climbing uphill going 45 in 5th gear, and I'm pretty sure I could when stock too. I have no issue at all with highway passing in 5th gear. Maybe the Canadian models have like 50HP? :)

TheMAN said:
you guys suck at reading, enough said

I saw that you mentioned using 4th in the pdf saying it was pointless as shown by the stock dyno but I don't see how. Also, I couldn't find the type of dyno anywhere on there so I looked up there website and found that they use a dynojet. Maybe I missed something.(shrug)

Looks to me like the FS-ZE intake isn't all it is cracked up to be. At least on a low compression stock J-spec cammed combo. We (or at least I have heard of) have seen much better numbers with these cams in an FS-ZE with full exhaust and a stock intake with the VTCS removed.

Back