How do I disable keyless entry chirp???

BiGx5MurF

:
2004 Mazdaspeed MX5
My keyless entry used to be able to lock and unlock without making any noise except for the locks moving (no beep or chirp, not talking about horn from pressing lock 2x). But after disconnecting battery and reconnecting it now beeps twice when I unlock, and once when I lock.

Is there a way to make it silent again? I've looked in the manual and found nothing. I've tried using the search feature but didn't find anything either.

I work night shifts, so when I leave for work, or return I'll wake up my family because of the annoying beep/chirp. So someone please help.

Mine does the same thing but I didn't want to ask because I figured it was just me noticing things. lol

Wow I've never heard of it doing that.

Let us know if oyu get this resolved, I've got no info for you though.

BiGx5MurF said:
Is there a way to make it silent again? I've looked in the manual and found nothing. I've tried using the search feature but didn't find anything either.

I did some research on my keyless entry with alarm and found out I had a Hornet 732T alarm system that also does door locks as an auxiliary feature. If you have the remote with 2 buttons (one with "I" and the other "II" - see attachment) you at least have the same brand made by DEI.

For this setup you just push button "II" before you push "I" and it silences the chirp for that lock/unlock event. There's also a "Valet Mode" which disables the alarm and operates the doorlocks only. This is silent as well, but every time you lock/unlock until you change back out of valet mode. To get into valet mode:
1. Open any door and leave open
2. Push the "I" button (this will lock the doors)
3. Push the "II" button (this will do nothing)
4. Push the "I" button again (this will unlock the doors AND turn the red security LED on continuous mode so you know you're in valet)

After that you can lock and unlock with a push of the "I" button like normal, but without the chirp and without arming the alarm. To get out of valet mode, repeat the whole process.

I'm guessing that you probably just have keyless entry without the alarm. This probably won't help you, but maybe some others will find it useful. The Hornet 732T user's manual can be downloaded here. That site also has some info on the DEI keyless entry products, which might be what you have.

Hope you get that figured out. For me the kicker was my cat setting the alarm off 2-3 times a week in the middle of the night. The manual points out that there's a sensitivity adjustment. Now I only get woken up by my 3 girls under 3 years old.

Attachments

• dei732ta.jpg
    dei732ta.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,851
Huh...No clue why it's doing that, but I just installed the OEM alarm & and the manual doesn't say anything about that, or changing the chirping...Your control module might have gone bad...But if your the experimenting type, I did open up the module & there's 4 on & off shitches...you can try those.

wil

How about hitting the lock button on the door after your door is open when getting out. This will lock all locks, then just close the door & push nothing on the remote.

Mine does not chirp. I vaguely remeber that there is a way to silence it. I knda' remeber doing something. BUT I have had my battery dsiconnected MANY times and each time i still have a silent lock/unlock.

I don't have my manual handy - can someone go out to the car and look it up?

jerkamiah said:
I did some research on my keyless entry with alarm and found out I had a Hornet 732T alarm system that also does door locks as an auxiliary feature. If you have the remote with 2 buttons (one with "I" and the other "II" - see attachment) you at least have the same brand made by DEI.

For this setup you just push button "II" before you push "I" and it silences the chirp for that lock/unlock event. There's also a "Valet Mode" which disables the alarm and operates the doorlocks only. This is silent as well, but every time you lock/unlock until you change back out of valet mode. To get into valet mode:
1. Open any door and leave open
2. Push the "I" button (this will lock the doors)
3. Push the "II" button (this will do nothing)
4. Push the "I" button again (this will unlock the doors AND turn the red security LED on continuous mode so you know you're in valet)

After that you can lock and unlock with a push of the "I" button like normal, but without the chirp and without arming the alarm. To get out of valet mode, repeat the whole process.

I'm guessing that you probably just have keyless entry without the alarm. This probably won't help you, but maybe some others will find it useful. The Hornet 732T user's manual can be downloaded here. That site also has some info on the DEI keyless entry products, which might be what you have.

Hope you get that figured out. For me the kicker was my cat setting the alarm off 2-3 times a week in the middle of the night. The manual points out that there's a sensitivity adjustment. Now I only get woken up by my 3 girls under 3 years old.

That's very useful info, but I have a keyfob that has the lock, unlock, and panic buttons.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
How about hitting the lock button on the door after your door is open when getting out. This will lock all locks, then just close the door & push nothing on the remote.

I've been doing this, but after a little time, it chirps once anyway.

P-Funk! said:
Mine does not chirp. I vaguely remeber that there is a way to silence it. I knda' remeber doing something. BUT I have had my battery dsiconnected MANY times and each time i still have a silent lock/unlock.

I don't have my manual handy - can someone go out to the car and look it up?

I've looked in the manual and there's nothing. Unless you guys got a seperate manual of some sort just for the keyless entry. I should add my keyless entry does have an alarm of some sort.

^ I dorked up! I didn't read the original post carefully enuff - i don't have the OEM alarm - so... DISREGARD! As You Were! OohRah.

OK this is for powering up the system when you install the alarm...It may reset it:

1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2. Unplug the 3 connectors on the security system module.
3. Connect the neg. battery terminal.
4. Remove the fuse in the security system harness.
5. Plug all 3 connectors back on the security system module.
6. Turn ignition key to "run" position.
7. Replace the fuse, turn key "off," and shut the door and trunk.

Note: If system activates any time during this process, press "unlock" on key fob.

WiL

for me you have to hit the button twice to make it chirp. What system do you guys have that make sit chirp on one hit?

Back