General P5 Questions

i wonder if the auto parts store by me carries the oems....the gpowers are $2.98....how much do the v-powers go for?

RaiderMP5 said:
Or, if you want to spend money, just get the NGKs, and mail me the extra $20 you would h ave spend for those laser plugs. :)

woohoo! ok...i did a tuneup onb my wifes 97 maxima and the engine light went on....i messed something up. i am told a spark plug change is easy - please say it is :)

Pugs

pfive said:
ill swap them out this weekend. i found the high end "laser platinums" for $9.98 and the G Powers for $2.98. ....hmm..on a budget....hmmmm...gas @ $3/gallon...hmm.
Laser you will see a diference,worth few bucks(Could actualy save gas, with the proper spark.
My plugs at 25000m were gross,could not believe,NGk turned it back into new car.

Last edited:
pfive said:
woohoo! ok...i did a tuneup onb my wifes 97 maxima and the engine light went on....i messed something up. i am told a spark plug change is easy - please say it is :)

Yup, it is easy.

RaiderMP5 said:
Man, I have had 3 100K mile tune-up cars, non made it to 100K, or even 30K before needing plugs.

ok - great - ill pick these bad boys up and put 'em in.

cool. The plugs on these are super easy. 2 10mm bolts holding the coil packs to the valve cover. Take off 2 plug wires. Then use the smaller plug socket with extension to tale out plugs. Once removed, reinstall coilpacks and plug wires, bolt em down and done!

thanks - i checked out that link earlier.

i bought the NGK vpower plugs today and they are gapped at .44...is this correct?

Back