Hood ViNyl

jR.

:
07 Black Mazda 6i
Where CanI order That Vinyl peice that goes in the middle of the hood?

jR. said:
Where CanI order That Vinyl peice that goes in the middle of the hood?

Haven't personally seen this as an addon that you can just go out and buy. Any vinyl shop could make it for you easily enough.

ive never seen anyone with a vynl peice for the hood...everyone ive seen including myself has had it painted by a body shop...probably cheaper and better too...that way you dont have to worry about takeing it off later to sell the car and having a faded hood

Red Devil P5 said:
ive never seen anyone with a vynl peice for the hood...everyone ive seen including myself has had it painted by a body shop...probably cheaper and better too...that way you dont have to worry about takeing it off later to sell the car and having a faded hood

SHow me a pic of your hood........

Ive seen post where its vinyl, and its the center of the hood straight down to the front.

Vinyl on the hood sounds like one of those clear bra things. Do people really put vinyl in the middle of the hood vs. just painting it? Why? It might blow off on the autobahn doing 437kmh.

I did it with vinyl and it definitly doesn't come off (as long as you use good quality) and it's a lot cheaper, at least here in holland it is.

Foto=SBQAPYDB

Foto=DP8GOI6U

The vinyl work looks great, Joost! Come a long way since I first saw it. And having those clear side markers really sets it off! :)

RaiderMP5 said:
The vinyl work looks great, Joost! Come a long way since I first saw it. And having those clear side markers really sets it off! :)

thanx, And those side markers look great, a lot better than the orange ones...

Are those eyelids on the headlights vinyl too? Did we have that gray available in USA or is that a euro color? Either way lookin good, nice clean ride. Good to know about the vinyl clingin like a mofo cuz I just got a clear bra vinyl thing for the front & hood so I can ditch the executioner mask old school bra without pittin up the front of the car.

Last edited:
i12drivemyMP5 said:
Are those eyelids on the headlights vinyl too? Did we have that gray available in USA or is that a euro color? Either way lookin good, nice clean ride. Good to know about the vinyl clingin like a mofo cuz I just got a clear bra vinyl thing for the front & hood so I can ditch the executioner mask old school bra without pittin up the front of the car.

thanx for the compliment, and the eyelids are real carbon from DG.

And the color is titanium grey wich was only available in the USA on the MSP (if I'm correct) and in europe we don't have the mazdaspeed, but we do have the color for the p5

@hy8us: those are indeed the mazda 3 rims...

It definitely looks tight....The grey color is available in the US on the P5, I think it was only offered for a short time....I've seen one in Seattle. The vinyl is definitely a more affordable look than a carbon hood with the sides painted, or even having the hood painted....Definitely looks good, and I never would have thought it was vinyl....(first)

Problem with vinyl... on outside of the car.. anywhere... specially the front...

Any little rock... pebble... dirt... can scratch it... Granted most ppl who would do a full body job won't drive the car anywhere near dirt or rocks...

I had a buddy who did his windshield... I'd say within a month it looked like a a buncha bullet holes from the inside light shining through...

Back