CX-9 on so cal freeway! pic!

stangmatt66

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 & 2005 Toyota Prius
Hey guys, spotted this is CX-9 yesterday on the 55 freeway near some of Mazda's so cal offices...

cx9.jpg

Us SoCal guys should all DEMAND to see it when we go to MNAO on Saturday... (smash)

Hughes412 said:
man that's kind of big, I hope the put some real power under it.

Since the CX-9 is built off the same platform as the Edge and MKX, I'd assume it shares their 3.5 250HP V6 and 6-speed auto...

WENT TO MAZDA HEADQUARTERS DIDNT HAVE MY CAMERA, BUT LOOKIGN AT THE STRIPPED PICTURE AND WARRANTY CARS (THEY ALREADY HAD NEW MX5 AND SPEED 6) but one pulled out! you stay ther elong enough you see new things, like the rx8 3 months before release and stuff. and it wsa a lady drivign i had the soccor mom thing in ym head! big car it seams. and have seen it on the freeway here in irvine!

Well if the CX7 is 247hp I would think this much bigger SUV would have more than 250. Maybe the 275hp thats in the sp6

stangmatt66 said:
Since the CX-9 is built off the same platform as the Edge and MKX, I'd assume it shares their 3.5 250HP V6 and 6-speed auto...

(ohsnap!) NICE CATCH Stang!!!

Yes...The word is it will have a version of the Ford V6 and 6speed...Also...We should assume that since the CX-7 will produce 247hp from the factory that the CX-9 will produce at least 270+ hp!

BUT...They might just pop in the Ford V6 with 250hp...and market it as being a V6...I sure hope they up the hp levels to something more exciting for a crossover of that size...Common Mazda...300hp!!!

250hp, I hope not. I don't need another Tribeca-esk vehicle that can't even reverse over a small curb into the showroom.

The word right now is a Mazda tuned version of the 3.5L Duratec with 270 HP. There is also going to be a 3.8L engine with 300+ HP offered in this vehicle somewhere down the line.

Something I don't think most of you are awhere of is the weight of the CX-9. The full load AWD version of the CX-9 will only weigh about 4100lbs. It is supposed to run low to mid 15sec 1/4 mile times. The CX-7 will dip into the 14's. Both of them will out handle and brake their competition by a large margin.

Mazda3 said:
The word right now is a Mazda tuned version of the 3.5L Duratec with 270 HP. There is also going to be a 3.8L engine with 300+ HP offered in this vehicle somewhere down the line.

Something I don't think most of you are awhere of is the weight of the CX-9. The full load AWD version of the CX-9 will only weigh about 4100lbs. It is supposed to run low to mid 15sec 1/4 mile times. The CX-7 will dip into the 14's. Both of them will out handle and brake their competition by a large margin.

Well yeah, and unlike the Tribeca it'll have a nice thing called torque.

Mazda3 said:

Music to my ears :D The skeptics should have a lot more faith in Mazda...;)

I'm sure even the CX-9 is going to spawn it's own piece of the aftermarket pie with those kind of power and performance #'s!

Mazda3 said:

How sure you are about the second engine option, do you think its worth the wait once the 3,5 V6 is out? (scratch)

stangmatt66 said:
The larger V6 will be only available in the Lincoln MKS. Ford has announced it will receive a "Lincoln exclusive" 3.7L V6.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/21/lincoln-mks-to-get-new-engine/

LIncoln exclusive in the Ford line-up. Mazda can do whatever they want. Just adding DISI to the 3.5L bumps the HP to 300. They are currently working on a 3.8L with 300+ HP and the latest cylinder shut off technology. But we won't see any of this in the first model year.

Back