black painted stock rims

Tengo

Banned
:
2002 Protege5
does anybody have the protege5 2002 "stock" rims painted black? cuz i wanna see wat they would look like, and can u send me pics please,or just post pics in this thread,thank u

I have mine painted black..I only use them for winter wheels but the paint has held up very well.
Sorry..pic is huge...

winter%20wheels.JPG

Quick question whil ewe are talking about painting. How do you remove the weight? I want to move mine to the backside when I paint them. I tried a dcouple tools and only managed to scratch the weight. I couldn't get a good hold on it.

Diehonda said:
Quick question whil ewe are talking about painting. How do you remove the weight? I want to move mine to the backside when I paint them. I tried a dcouple tools and only managed to scratch the weight. I couldn't get a good hold on it.
Probably try goo-gone and some fishing wire.

blackp5ca said:
I have mine painted black..I only use them for winter wheels but the paint has held up very well.
Sorry..pic is huge...

why herro there evil twin

i should paint my stockers black too... i like that!

zverg said:
And I love it!

I think this is the first time I've seen it, definitely a nice job. What are your summer wheels?

You said it! Great looking car....the stealth bomber of P5's.:)

Thanks guys..always nice to get some feedback.
summer rims were ALT fusions..also painted black..
Oct1.JPG

Oct4.JPG

JDM%20tails2.JPG

But..I've just picked up a set of Rota Subzero's..Silver for the moment..thinking maybe going to bronze though?? It was the 14 lbs per rim I was after.

As for your wheel weight question..I would leave that to the tire shop since you'll need the tires re-balanced if you remove the weights. Just ask them to place the weights ont he inside of the rim instead..usually not a problem...then proceed with your paint.

Just for the record..the black rims you see above is nothing more than Tremclad Semi-gloss black..It has held up better than the duplicolor rim paint I had on before..finish was pretty good in my opinion. Would have been even better if I had have taken a little more time on the prep work..but..they are winter wheels.

Last edited:
blackp5ca said:
But..I've just picked up a set of Rota Subzero's..Silver for the moment..thinking maybe going to bronze though?? It was the 14 lbs per rim I was after

Hmm... are the Subzeros 17" or 16"? I'm probably going to get a set of 16" Subs, steel grey. It'd look real nice, probably a lot like my old wheels but in 16"

Whatever you do, I want to see pictures!!!

Here are some pics of my track wheels, black 15" Rota Slipstreams. I love how they look! The car is dirty and the pictures suck though :(
rota01.sized.jpg

rota02.sized.jpg

Bigger versions here: http://www.khaosman.com/gallery/march06

khaosman said:
Hmm... are the Subzeros 17" or 16"? I'm probably going to get a set of 16" Subs, steel grey. It'd look real nice, probably a lot like my old wheels but in 16"

Whatever you do, I want to see pictures!!!

Here are some pics of my track wheels, black 15" Rota Slipstreams. I love how they look! The car is dirty and the pictures suck though :(
rota01.sized.jpg

rota02.sized.jpg

Bigger versions here: http://www.khaosman.com/gallery/march06

Very nice!!! Those must be nice and light!!
I picked up 17"...no particular reason..just the way the deal worked out.
just bought some K-Sports so I'm anxious to see the Rota's tucked under the fenders..I'll take some pics when i get it all in.

Latest posts

Back