Cold Air Intake Filter Question

Im looking for a site online to purchase a cold air into filter (injen) for my P5, I figured you guys would know the best place and cheapest.

DontDrinkMyWate said:
Im looking for a site online to purchase a cold air into filter (injen) for my P5, I figured you guys would know the best place and cheapest.

Also, What Is the Size For Our Air Filter?

The best filter you can buy right now is Apexi. It has better filtering abililties then K&N and allows more aire through. This has been test and documented you can search for it. Mach1car.com was selling them for $70 with free shipping but now the price is up to $80 free shipping. The injen intake requires the 70mm kit.

SNike05 said:
The best filter you can buy right now is Apexi. It has better filtering abililties then K&N and allows more aire through. This has been test and documented you can search for it. Mach1car.com was selling them for $70 with free shipping but now the price is up to $80 free shipping. The injen intake requires the 70mm kit.

Which one of these filters fits the P5?

SNike05 said:
Where is it documented/who published it?

RaiderMP5 said:
amen. ps, the ebay intake, same stuff, without a fancy sticker that says injen.
(10) Just painted metal tubing with stickers, so right.

SNike05 said:
Kinda defeated the purpose of me saying search for it now didn't it. It has even been mentioned multiple times on the forum anyhoo here it is:

http://www.mikekemper.com/elantra/filters/index.html
Heck yeah it does. That's why I asked you to back up the claim. You knew where to look for it, and I don't feel like searching the entire 1nTarweb to find some obscure fact.

BTW, thanks.

Last edited:
No problem.

Btw the ebay 2.0L cold air intakes are like extinct. The search is loaded with Injen and AEM now.

I have one of the Apexi filters on my Injen CAI. It took a bit of work to get the filter on, as it was for a Nissan 300ZX Z32 or something (got it from a friend). It needed an adapter to fit, so I bought a cheap one at AutoZone and drilled the holes out so my filter mounted on it. Then I got a new coupler, 3", since that piece was slightly bigger. I could get a picture some time so you actually understand what the hell I'm talking about :D

Back