Door sills

Sorry, these things take time. I'm still trying to verify what's available and what's not. Plus, they do more than just the sills, so there's some negotiation going on here.
I'll keep everyone posted.

it shouldnt be that hard to bring the pro ones back, im sure they still have the mould sitting around.. what about if they just make generic light up mazda ones?! that way its good for anything?

they couldnt make a generic mazda one...has to fit in the door moulding..so i guess they could make a generic protege one...but thats about it

justanotheradikt said:
they couldnt make a generic mazda one...has to fit in the door moulding..so i guess they could make a generic protege one...but thats about it

They still have to fit correctly...

protephile said:
They still have to fit correctly...
thats what i was saying....they couldnt make one for all mazdas...they could make one for like 99-03 protege and then 2nd gen and then w/e else cars...

Alright guys, those of you that are desparte, for the door sills, I got them off ebay. They're from canada and yeah, shipping is around 20 dollars to the US. Umm. The reserve price for the EL light up ones are 64.99 Canadian dollars I believe. So if you get them for that much + shipping it'll turn out to be around 78 dollars. I don't know how much the non light up ones are.

If you search under protege sills, you'll only only get the mazda protege 5 sills that don't light up. If you search under protege sill you'll get another 4 sets. 2 of them are the mazda protege EL sills, 1, mazda protege 5 EL sill, and 1 non light up mazda protege sill.

Ummm. I got these, and they ship fairly quick.. They'll get to your place in less than 1 week if you're in california. These aren't mine, so bid accordingly. Haha. ummm + rep would be appreciated.

My update is that I can only get EL and Non-EL for the Mazda 3. The company I am dealing with does not make Protege sills any more.
I'll post new info as soon as I have it.

Protephile said:
My update is that I can only get EL and Non-EL for the Mazda 3. The company I am dealing with does not make Protege sills any more.
I'll post new info as soon as I have it.

Does that mean we shouldn't hold out for EL Protege5 sills? Or are you still working on it?

thanks,
gerald

I'm still working on this---but only for the Mazda 3s---can anyone verify with certainty whether or not the rear passenger door sills are the same size in the sedans and the 5-doors?
If not can someone measure theirs for me, end-to-end? One each...

redpr5 said:
so theres no way to get the el sills for the p5 anymore??
Saw some on ebay last week or so. Had Canadian prices on them. There were EL & plain with protege 5 on them. Dude had the reserve set too high for where I was willing to go. Was high bidder twice but reserve wasn't met & I had like 40.00 bid & they had 15.00 shipping too. Just didn't want them that bad. Not sure if they are still out there now tho.

I assume it's the same manufacturer, since it's the only one I could find after a week of searching.
Any Protege sills are just leftover, I guess. They've been discontinued.

Back