Indiglo Gauges

Endlesszero

:
Protege5
Does anyone know where I could pick up reverse glow gauges for my protege5 03? I've looked everywehre and it seems that they aren't made for this model.

Honestly, here is my take on the gauges. They are kinda a novelty item> They are cool for a while, but a few months down the road they are a pain in the ass. I had them in my car for a while, and they were a pain in the ass to install and run the wiring, half the time the inverter would short and i'd have to jiggle it around to get them to light up, and i eventually took them out.
If you truely want blue gauges. Go find a earlier model protege with gauges that light up green, then you can change out the bulbs that go behind the gauges so they light up blue. Ours you can't do that because their is a film that creates the redisj/orange color you see.

Jeph said:
Honestly, here is my take on the gauges. They are kinda a novelty item> They are cool for a while, but a few months down the road they are a pain in the ass. I had them in my car for a while, and they were a pain in the ass to install and run the wiring, half the time the inverter would short and i'd have to jiggle it around to get them to light up, and i eventually took them out.
If you truely want blue gauges. Go find a earlier model protege with gauges that light up green, then you can change out the bulbs that go behind the gauges so they light up blue. Ours you can't do that because their is a film that creates the redisj/orange color you see.

I've been reading a lot into that and I thought that gauges where my only option, I just personally don't like the red. I mean I guess I could live with it and save that money toward seat covers but man, it would look pretty nice haha. Do you know if there is anyway to change the film color? I saw that How-To on changing the LED lights but I wasn't sure about all that.

I tired changing the film, theres no way. I tried it on my AC gauges, and if its anything like the ones on your cluster, then your out of luck, cause i changed it, but they are so dark now, that i can barely read them even with the brightness all the way up.

Endlesszero said:
And, are you possitive that these gauges will fit the MP5?

yes. one of the nicest interior mods IMO. I have them in my 99LX. This is from a MSP. and they go great with rings (daveb or **********). if u go this route be careful with the needles as they are fragile as hell. there's a large group of protege owners who broke gauge needles installing them. if u search you'll see the horror stories and learn what not to do.

gaugesnight.jpg

Last edited:
Get the MSP ones from corksport. They are pricey ($80ish) but to me they were worth it. They slide over the needles so u don't have to remove the needles and risk breaking them. Also, I think they are the best looking ones on the market. I haven't had any problems with them either. But if u are not good at wiring electrical stuff I would suggest having them installed by someone who is. U have a choice between blue, green, red, and orange lettering with either white or sliver face. I got the blue with white face here they are installed.
sorry for the poor pic quality. I took these pics (with my cell phone) before I had a digital camera, but u get the idea
edit: they don't cover up the fuel light either

Attachments

• my gauges 1.jpeg
    my gauges 1.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 116
  • my gauges 2.jpeg
    my gauges 2.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Back