Mazda 5 Jacking Point

:
Mazda5, Acura 1.6EL
Hi all

Just want to make sure of the jacking point for the mazda. I looked in the manual and the illustration is not very clear. Near each tire, I have seen 2 small area where there is an indentation of about an inch in dept. If someone can post pics, that would be very helpful as well.

Thank You

Steve

It's there, you cannot miss it.
If you have the side skirt you will see two indentations where the head of the jack has to be placed.
Anthony

It's there, you cannot miss it.
If you have the side skirt you will see two indentations where the head of the jack has to be placed.
Anthony

Thanks,
Are they good only for scissor jack?
Can I put a regular jack stand instead?

i bought a new 4 ton floor jack a couple weeks ago and i can't get it under the front end. I'm bummed. I will try driving the car up onto a couple 2x6 boards to get the couple extra inches i need to move the jack and pump the handle.

thanks for posting the pdf file 808. i didn't know the proper locations for jack stands.

Thanks for the PDF. I must be blind because I've done 2 oil changes and I haven't found the front center jack point. Do you have to take the undercover off to get access to the cross member? If so, the front jackpoint will be useless.

I just jacked up our Mazda5 the other day. I think the idea is to jack it up in the center so you can put a safety stand at the lift point on each side. Since I was just doing a tire change and wasn't working under the vehicle I just jacked it up with hydraulic jacks at the lift points on the side. Can't miss 'em. They look just like normal and are in the locations shown in the diagram.

I just jacked it up with hydraulic jacks at the lift points on the side. Can't miss 'em. They look just like normal and are in the locations shown in the diagram.

Just put my Michelin X-Ice tires. These OEM wheels stick to the hub pretty well. I noticed aftermarket rims with hub rings on my Protege never stick.

If you put it under lifting points between two indentations marks than there is no place for jacking stand to put beside.

When your putting your winter tires on, smear a little wheel bearing grease on the axle stubs and around the machined wheel centre hubs. It will minimize the rusting of the plain steel hubs, and the aluminum alloy, or steel wheels will release from the hubs a little easier when you change em back.
Just a very light coating is all that's needed ! (flash)

Latest posts

Back