HEy guys i got a question

Legit2k

Ok i have a 95 mazda Millenia S and it has 130,000 miles on it i got it some time in August and it was at 13,000 miles. Anyways my question is about what time should i start to worry about my car motor messing up or something ? and i have rims and tvs and a sound system in my car and i dont wanna buy a new car is it worth it to get a new motor ?? and how much would a new motor cost ??

is the car doing anything now to make you think it needs a new engine? running rough? idling poor? power loss? rod knocking?

the millenia S has a supercharged miller cycle engine. quoted from Ask Jeeves;

Ralph Miller patented his Miller-cycle engine in the 1940s, and for the last several years Mazda has been using this type of engine in some of its cars.

A Miller-cycle engine is very similar to an Otto-cycle engine. The Miller-cycle uses pistons, valves, a spark plug, etc., just like an Otto-cycle engine does. There are two big differences:

• A Miller-cycle engine depends on a supercharger.
  • A Miller-cycle engine leaves the intake valve open during part of the compression stroke, so that the engine is compressing against the pressure of the supercharger rather than the pressure of the cylinder walls. The effect is increased efficiency, at a level of about 15 percent.
if the supercharger for whatever reason went bad the car would run awful. typically these cars are not known for that. Millenias are one of the few Mazdas that are typically never, never ever, in for major service. they are overall outstanding cars with very high resale and reliability and they tend to run forever.

????

I have two questions for you...

1. You said it had 13,000 miles on it when you bought it... Are those original miles?

2. How did you put 117,000 miles on a car in 8 months? That's what? 522ish miles a day for 8 months?!?

Last edited:
Back