polyurethane blues

S.S.S.P5

hey, Im new to this forum, ( I usually visit TOProtege.com )and I was wondering if y'all could help me out.

I've been searching really hard to find some polyurethane suspension components for my P5, and I cant seem to find anything. Does anyone know of a company making bushings for the front LCA's and rear trailing arms? It dosent seem like there's anybody out there producing these parts for our cars

thanks

I haven't seen anything of the sort being sold. Maybe Kartboy would produce this? He/they does/do the shifter bushings and exhaust hangers so it is definitely right down their alley.

Welcome to the forums! Post pics of your car! :)

Yeah at one pooint and time I was looking and was suprised that energy or pro=-thane didn't make the entire suspesion bushing. Keep us posted if you do find some.

Cork sport has some suspension parts with uerathane inserts maybe they can help you.

Last edited:
It's probably for two reasons:

1. This car isn't that old, so most people don't need replacement bushings yet.
2. The suspension is already quite solid, so most P5 drivers won't be buying upgraded bushings (I know I won't).

Eric

The front lower control arm bushings are certainly crappy. =) They wore out on me in no time. Granted, I have 100k, now. But still, two sets of bushings in that time is nothing to laugh about. I pulled the old ones out, and made some new ones out of urethane on a lathe (Back when I had a lathe available to me!), and they've been working fine, since. The design is pretty simple, so it should be no real problem for anyone to replicate them.

Back