Do P5 orange fender markers flash?

SNike05 said:
No they don't flash but you can make them. I will pm you the write up on how to do it its very easy.

I find it pretty stupid that they don't because the 2002 P5 has no turning indication on the side which has caused me to receive many honks over the years.
Do you not check your mirrors/pay attention before you start changing lanes? I've driven many cars that don't have side indicators and I've never had that problem and I'm sure I'm not the only person that doesn't have this problem.

Oh man I never realized this before either!! This explains why people rarely let me in when I'm in a tough spot to pull out or make a lane change...

.paul said:
Do you not check your mirrors/pay attention before you start changing lanes? I've driven many cars that don't have side indicators and I've never had that problem and I'm sure I'm not the only person that doesn't have this problem.

You missed the point. Say i'm standing at a 4 way stop sign. It is my turn to go. If you are going straight the person on the side will automatically begin to roll front until you have passed because its just natural. Now If the person is assuming I am going straight because they cannot see my signal to turn they will move front and I will end up cutting them off hence the honk. It happens, not all the time but it does.

Me also 2002 no side markers,if you need flashing, you can buy aftermarket side mirrors that flash.They look cool also

Made them flash!

OK, I ordered some blue side markers (my P5 is dark blue) from Ebay and received them this morning. I immediately left work and took my car to my mechanic a block away and had him do the following:

- install the side markers
- make the side markers AND the orange side markers flash

IT'S AWSOME! Definately MUCH safer! Try the following... turn your flashers or hazzard lights on and stand beside your P5 (sans side markers). You MIGHT be able to see a faint flashing coming from the flashers besided the headlights, but they'll be even less noticeable if the headlights are ON. Adding side markers eliminate this problem. So I HIGHLY recommend either adding side markers (look cool!) that flash or having the orage side markers wired to flash, or both. Unfortunately, I must return to my mechanic cause the driver side markers stopped flashing :(

Attachments

• 070580-2.jpg
    070580-2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 070580-6.jpg
    070580-6.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 75
this is what i understand, the '02 P5 they had just the non-blinking marker in the bumper. halfway thru the year they relized the messed up on that and then added the blinking marker on the fender just in front of the door. And that is why i have an '02.5 because it is an '02 but does have the fender blinker.

Here they are...

OK, I got 'em installed! Here are a couple of pics. i now have the orange side markers PLUS the newly-added blues blinking. I think it looks good and definately safer!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 93
Alright I've wanted to get these for my 99 Protege, but haven't been able to find a place that sells them. Anyone know where I can get the stock clear, orange bulb fender lights? (The ones that go in the upper part of the fender behind the wheel.)

the stock ones can be purchased from the dealer or mazdastuff.com I think Ken at protegegarage can get them for you as well

Bartron8000 said:
Alright I've wanted to get these for my 99 Protege, but haven't been able to find a place that sells them. Anyone know where I can get the stock clear, orange bulb fender lights? (The ones that go in the upper part of the fender behind the wheel.)

And there was someone in the FS forum selling them like yesterday.

Back