Do P5 orange fender markers flash?

Weborific

Hi! I'm wondering if the stand-alone orange markers found on the fender of the P5 are supposed to flash when you put your turn-signal or hazzards on. Mine stay on solid and never flash. Is this normal? I'm assuming this is why the 2003 model has an extra side marker near each mirror... THANKS!

yea they dont flash...it would be kinda cool tho to put a strobe kit in there and put some on the back too. idk i just think that would be kinda cool

Weborific said:
Hi! I'm wondering if the stand-alone orange markers found on the fender of the P5 are supposed to flash when you put your turn-signal or hazzards on. Mine stay on solid and never flash. Is this normal? I'm assuming this is why the 2003 model has an extra side marker near each mirror... THANKS!

doesn't make sense what you wrote, at least to me. first you say that the fender lights don't flash then second you say that's why there is a light by the mirror (i am assuming you are talking about the fender lights?) so you are talking about the same thing (boom07)

Sorry, let me clear this up.... I own a 2002 with NO side marker near the mirror. It's the same model like the one pictured above in redpr5's post. My question was weather or not the orange ones on the fender (see Redpr5's pic again) blinks. The comment about the marker lights near the mirrors are in regards to the white oval lights installed on 2003 and late 2002 models, NOT pictured above in Redpr5's pic. So I was just contemplating that IF the orange markers DO NOT flash, then that may be the reason why the white ovals were installed. And the only reason why I'm asking if they flash at all is because it looks like the previous owner fiddled with some electicals of the car. Like I can't get factory alarm to work... So I just wanted to know if he messed something up with the side markers...

No they don't flash but you can make them. I will pm you the write up on how to do it its very easy.

I find it pretty stupid that they don't because the 2002 P5 has no turning indication on the side which has caused me to receive many honks over the years.

Man, I love you guys! And this forum! Thanks for all the help! I'll install side markers like the 2003 model and may very-well make the orange fender markers flash as well (thanks SNike05!). Unless someone can give me a good reason why the should stay on solid.... It's not a legal issue, is it?

Hey, SNike05...I'm also in Montreal! Also, I noticed someone made a donation to this site... Where is the link? Thanks!

Weborific said:
Sorry, let me clear this up.... I own a 2002 with NO side marker near the mirror. It's the same model like the one pictured above in redpr5's post. My question was weather or not the orange ones on the fender (see Redpr5's pic again) blinks. The comment about the marker lights near the mirrors are in regards to the white oval lights installed on 2003 and late 2002 models, NOT pictured above in Redpr5's pic. So I was just contemplating that IF the orange markers DO NOT flash, then that may be the reason why the white ovals were installed. And the only reason why I'm asking if they flash at all is because it looks like the previous owner fiddled with some electicals of the car. Like I can't get factory alarm to work... So I just wanted to know if he messed something up with the side markers...

so you are talking about the big orange lights/reflectors in the bumper on the side of the car? bumper and fender are 2 completely different things.

allright, don't get me wrong. just trying to understand what the hell you are talking about. because that is definetely not a fender, its a bumper.

YellowMP5 said:
allright, don't get me wrong. just trying to understand what the hell you are talking about. because that is definetely not a fender, its a bumper.
ok...we've got it.

huh you know i never noticed before. maybe i should check it out.....OHH s*** BUT WAIT!!!! i cant becuase the bodyshop that did my repaires on my second rearending didnt seal my back hatch properly so its back in the bodyshop.... ohh well..for some reason i always thought they flashed guess its one of the little qurky things you dont notice on your car untile someone mentions it.

Didn't the headlights in earlier P5s have the blinker on the outside of the headlight housing where it would be visible from the side? Looks like there was a period where the cars had newer headlight config with blinker inside toward grill in front but no blinker in the FENDER, just the marker in the BUMPER.

overdrivex said:
huh you know i never noticed before. maybe i should check it out.....OHH s*** BUT WAIT!!!! i cant becuase the bodyshop that did my repaires on my second rearending didnt seal my back hatch properly so its back in the bodyshop.... ohh well..for some reason i always thought they flashed guess its one of the little qurky things you dont notice on your car untile someone mentions it.

you've been rearended twice??!!!!!. did you attach a giant target to your ass? lol sorry to hear that. people just do stupid things in front of me, not as much behind me.

NJP5Guy said:
you've been rearended twice??!!!!!. did you attach a giant target to your ass? lol sorry to hear that. people just do stupid things in front of me, not as much behind me.

i should have never let the government install that new stealth/cloaking device on may car that makes my impossible to see by a suv driver....and apperantly after the first repaire they accidently bought a SUPER magnetic bumper which was strong enough to draw in 3trucks into the rear end of my car.

Back