17 or 18 inch rims!

msimonds

:
2002 Protege5
Thought about purchasing some new rims, I have the stock rims now, but thought about going to 17 or 18.

question is: Do I have to make any modifications if I purchase 18 inch rims and tires

TIA

Stock height? I am as low as I can go with 18x7.5's 50mm offset w/ 215/35/18's. Stock height you would be fine with 48mm. I'm pretty sure 48mm offset will work if you roll the fenders if you are lowered.

question is: Do I have to make any modifications if I purchase 18 inch rims and tires

TIA[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• new camera 003.jpg
    new camera 003.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 1,340
Yeah it is completely stock!!!! So it seems 18 would be okay, but the wheel base looks a little tight, do you have any problems with your turning at all

Also what is a good place to get rims at a decent price

whats offset and all the numbers for tires mean.. im new to tires and wheels, don't know much about them

Check out www.tirerack.com They have all the info you need.

Also...I have 215/35/18 with +40 offset. Lowered with Tein S-Tech. Had to roll fenders but the wheels looking amazing pushed all the way to the edge.

i love the look of my 18's........but im on 225/35/18 tires and the ride is much rougher than the 205/45/17 stock mazdaspeed rims/tires.
beach2.jpg

i got a set of 18's and my stockers, look better on 18's but handles way better on 16's

Yeah,go w/ 17s.18s are overkill for the Protege.I was gonna stick w/ 16s but since I'm gonna do a lot more w/ my car(suspension,appearance and a little more power)it would be better that I upsize.

DeanSweet said:
18" +45 offset. 215/35-18 tire

I've got the same ENKEI's as the blue sedan pictured above.

Mine are 225/40/18 with stock springs, the tires ride very hard (feels like I dropped the car the ride is much much stiffer). The offset I think is +45 or +42?? When there are passengers in the back and I hit a speedbump it rubs slightly on the drivers side.... I think if I was running 215/35/18's there would be no rubbing.

2292727_1_full.jpg

Latest posts

Back