2.0 AT vs MT P5 0-60 times

zverg said:
post the vid! :)

Click Image to Watch The Video

Click Veiw size 640 & Give her a little time to load.

I also made a Protege Compilation, its got some Nice Runs from some Bad Ass Proteges.

Last edited:
tokstad said:
No kidding, if it wasn't my car I'd be laughing too.... I like the look and styling of the P5 a lot, it's just much slower than it should be.

I doubt there is very much I could do *without dropping tons of money* to this car to make it quicker (I had considered dropping the MSP drivetrain into it, but it'd be several grand).

I'm suprised that the manual transmission make a 1.5 second difference in 0-60 (considering we have the manual mode). It must just be the weight difference of the auto tranny along with having 1 fewer gear to step through?

I had considered dropping some cash into the exhaust (headers, high flow cat) and doing some intake work (P&P, CAI etc). But considering what time I'd be using as a baseline, all this might get me down to 11 (boom03), not worth the cash.
hey man sorry i had to laugh, but hey y dont u try taking ur car to the autocross u may be surprised in how well it does and u wont think its so slow nemore and u wont have to spend ne money cuz ur car handles bad ass

Last edited:
OMG
mogi said:
just listen to the protege song, it goes from 0 to 60 in about 5 minutes
bazooka joe said:
protege, protoge....

OMG!! That was in my head today!

"F' your Maserati, Its a Protege!
God Damn! I'm da' man in this family sedan!"

Last edited:
Crazee D said:
OMG

OMG!! That was in my head today!

"F' your Maserati, Its a Protege!
God Damn! I'm da' man in this family sedan!"

That guy is retarded. His butt dyno must have been "adjusted" recently by the wrong person

Blitzd said:
That guy is retarded. His butt dyno must have been "adjusted" recently by the wrong person
you don't like the protege song? (gtfo)

Here is a Updated Version that is better quality

& A Compilation of Runs at the track from various car.

& I got to give the Protege Vid another post.

My 11.5 run was not powerbraking or a nuetral drop it was just hitting the gas when the light turned green, maybe I could pull a second off if I was powerbraking?

I've never heard of this... only thing i can guess is you holding the brake and reving to get a better launch?? please explain

wildo said:
I've never heard of this... only thing i can guess is you holding the brake and reving to get a better launch?? please explain

He forgets hes in a FF, Good luck with that (boom07) Put her in (Sport Auto) First gear then Push the Gas and brakes at the same time without a clutch & see what happens (hah)

Last edited:
tokstad said:
??? How would it be any different than powerbraking a RWD car?

Um Foot on Gas + Brake while in gear with no clutch engaged = Bogdown

Rear Wheel Drive the Front wheels hold the Car in place while the rear wheels spin. The Only equivelant for FF would be Having the Hand brake on while flooring it in (Sport Auto First gear) But with FF cars doing that doesnt normally stop her from moving forward so that would most likely cause a Red light if you were to try it in a run.

Last edited:
JCell said:
u can probably get a better 0-60 time if u rev 2nd all the way to 7k

How do you rev in second to 7k with a Automatic Sport shifter?

Wouldnt you mean Rev to 7k in N then Drop it into 2nd?

Ohh and the Rev limiter Kickes in arround 6750rpm you wont get to 7k.

As far As I know The Proteges with the Auto Sport shifters cant be reved In any gear without moving the drive wheels.

Last edited:
JCell said:
sry, i was talking about a stick protege

Ohhh........Cool! (thumb)

The Rev limiter Kickes in arround 6750rpm you wont get to 7k.

The Fastest you will get with a Manual is if you Rev to arround 5500rpm and Dump the clutch in first gear & Pull to the red line then 1-2 shift, you will hit 60mph at the top of second gear.

Last edited:
Back