Speaker Question

Has anybody changed out their speakers in the 5 yet? If so, what size are the stock speakers that you swapt and are you running an amp to them through the stock radio? I have the Touring edition.

I think they are all 6x8/5x7 but don't quote me on that.

The factory head unit doesn't put out much power so you'll get much more out of the speakers you purchase if you also install an amp. You can easily connect any amp with speaker-level inputs to the factory head unit. If the amp doesn't have speaker-level inputs you'll have to purchase a LOC (line-out-converter).

Yes, I have, fronts anyways. Chuyler can tell you all about it :)

They are 6x8/5x7s. I only replaced the fronts so far with Polk MMC 570 momos and amped them with the F250 Alpine because it fits under the front passenger seat nicely. THey rock. I'm adding a 8" sub to the back rear compartment under the light, once done, I'll post a thread here. I kept the stock radio, went to the amp speaker level. It sounds very rich, full, no complaints.

Kid Red said:
Yes, I have, fronts anyways. Chuyler can tell you all about it :)

They are 6x8/5x7s. I only replaced the fronts so far with Polk MMC 570 momos and amped them with the F250 Alpine because it fits under the front passenger seat nicely. THey rock. I'm adding a 8" sub to the back rear compartment under the light, once done, I'll post a thread here. I kept the stock radio, went to the amp speaker level. It sounds very rich, full, no complaints.

Please do when you get it done. Thanks for the info too.

Back