Corksport Exhaust Issue

Hypnotized

:
03.5 MS Protege-Gone 07 MS3
I have had my corksport exhaust for almost 1 year now. I recently had to have them replace the resonator section because it cracked. They were very good in replacing that section with a new flex pipe on it. Today it cracked again and its loud as all hell. I have to put my stock back on with out a question. My question for you guys is has anyone else experienced the same issue? Does this happed to all aftermakret exhausts? What is causing it? Can I take it to an exhaust place to have it welded? How long will this fix it for?

Hypnotized said:
I have had my corksport exhaust for almost 1 year now. I recently had to have them replace the resonator section because it cracked. They were very good in replacing that section with a new flex pipe on it. Today it cracked again and its loud as all hell. I have to put my stock back on with out a question. My question for you guys is has anyone else experienced the same issue? Does this happed to all aftermakret exhausts? What is causing it? Can I take it to an exhaust place to have it welded? How long will this fix it for?

it could be cracking due to the engine moving and adding stress to the pipes. if you dont have motor mounts, atleast get a front one. the stock mounts are garbage and most likely have started to or already have ripped.

Do you have Kartboy hangers? Corksport specifically states that you need proof of having them when trying to get any of their exhaust parts replaced under warranty. If you do not have them, guess you're lucky you got it fixed the first time.

Stock hangers are way too wimpy (like our stock engine mounts) and thus allow too much play in the exhaust. You can grab the Kartboys for like 28 bucks I think off of Corksport.

03MSP said:
Do you have Kartboy hangers? Corksport specifically states that you need proof of having them when trying to get any of their exhaust parts replaced under warranty. If you do not have them, guess you're lucky you got it fixed the first time.

Stock hangers are way too wimpy (like our stock engine mounts) and thus allow too much play in the exhaust. You can grab the Kartboys for like 28 bucks I think off of Corksport.

It states you must have Engine mounts not hangers.

Hypnotized said:
Yep the engine mounts suck balls. I have had two cs systems crack on me now. I would suggest both front and rear AWR engine mounts. The most recent resonator replacement section they sent had a newly improved flex pipe in it. Hopefully that will help.

Hypnotized said:
Well the flex pipe actually fell off the exhaust it wasnt welded on one end.
Holy s*** sucks to be you. I wish the best for you.

Thanks man. I put the stock back on and I forgot to put the damn gasket on the front and its still loud now. I cant win. My car also feels ALLOT slower now. It doesnt accelerate like it used to. I need an exhasut back on this car quickly.

just saw this...mine also is cracked.

Im waiting to take a pic before i contact CS.

they sent out a letter last year offering a slightly discounted price on their motor mounts but also kind of made it sound like they were absolving themselves of any responsibility from then on if it brkoe without new motor mounts. I didnt have and may still not have the money for the motor mounts so i wont be too happyif they tell me they wont replace my exhaust because of this....

Yeah I know what you mean, I got a letter not to long ago about the engine mounts issue, although the C/S down pipe had broken like six months earlier and I let them know when it broke. I didn't expect them to replace it for me I just let them know and had a muffler shop reweld it for me. Good luck to you guys.

Hypnotized, Please contact us if you are having further issues with your exhaust or any product you purchase from us.

CorkSport said:
Hypnotized, Please contact us if you are having further issues with your exhaust or any product you purchase from us.

I will. I have been so busy with work lately that I havent had a chance to take pictures and all that good stuff.

Now waiting on another response from corksport. They PMed me and sounded ready to repair, replace or pay for repairs to the j pipe but since I bought this throguh HPF they wanted me to go through them.

horsepowerfreaks.com wants nothing to do with this so now im back to CS direct...

humm dee dumm

further events to be posted as they warrant

Back