Any photographers in here?

ChopstickHero said:
nice composition... i wish there was a little more light on the car though
Thanks.
And I agree...
I missed the "perfcect moment" when the sun was high enough brighten the area that the car was at but low enough to have the orange tone to the sky.
I'll get better retakes after I wash/wax the car... the car was covered in dirt/pollen.

03PRO5.jpg

whoa... that s*** is f00kin crazy...

how the hell did you manage that? A lot of pchopin different photos together?

Nah, it's a studio shot of the P5. Same shot is in the brochures. Wish it was my work.

I haven't a good camera or fancy editing software. I did however make this in MS paint when I was bored.

sy5afr.jpg

K guys give me some credit. And STFU if the specs are off, this was initial D inspired and those specs taken from the books.

I also made this S2000 ricer

sy5po3.jpg

Then a stock version. Better looking but less impressive because there's no carbon which made it fun to do.

sy5tlt.jpg

P.S. Chris, if you clicked your user CP and are checking up on this forum, you think you can host the Protege pic I drew somehwere? thanks.

Last edited:
here ya go...

I'd have a better pic if it was daylight
syb5tj.jpg
syb5tj.jpg

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 461
i'm new the the whole "cool" picture taking thing. I was mostly point, shoot, and wonder why my pictures came out fuzzy or not what I was wanting.

These are some that I took at a local Mazda meet. the MX-5 looks like there's wax or something on it.

my camera: Canon PowerShot SD200

Attachments

• IMG_2482.JPG
    IMG_2482.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
i thought this thread was supposed to be about photography and the pictures that you take? the photographs don't have to be about cars.

Rogue Pro5 said:
i'm new the the whole "cool" picture taking thing. I was mostly point, shoot, and wonder why my pictures came out fuzzy or not what I was wanting.

These are some that I took at a local Mazda meet. the MX-5 looks like there's wax or something on it.

my camera: Canon PowerShot SD200

Nice, i would've cropped out the part with the license plate since it's all washed out... just leave the MX5 in view

So I'm thinking of ordering a Canon Digital Rebel XT (black) with the standard 18-55mm lens from B&H soon. Anything else I should consider getting. Tripod? Filters? Subjects for now will be my kids and landscapes. Don't want to spend more than $1K for now. The camera and lens will be $679 (after rebate) plus shipping. So I'm figuring on having an extra $300 to possibly spend. The money isn't burning a hole in my pocket, but it's there for something useful.

+ one for UV filters... they'll protect the lenses.

Prodigy said:

i'm waiting to buy a UV filter and polarizer until i get a lens with a non rotating front element.... it's hard to put on filters when the front spins freely. i'm waiting for that Canon EF-S 17-55mm IS f2.8 lens to come out. i want to see the reviews before i consider it. the Canon EF 17-40mm f4 L lens is what i'm gonna get if the 17-55mm doesn't live up to it's name.

I just picked up another digital camcorder (sony digital 8mm, already have a Mini-DV) and a small rig for vehicles... Gonna try to get back into the video thing a bit more.

HorsepowerFreak said:
I just picked up another digital camcorder (sony digital 8mm, already have a Mini-DV) and a small rig for vehicles... Gonna try to get back into the video thing a bit more.

I never really got into video much. I don't know much about the new technology in video cams these days. there were those days of just messing around with friends and making some fun videos, but as a hobby, i never really found interest in it.

Prodigy said:

I don't use UV filters unless I have to... I keep it on just to protect the lense though, but I take it off when I take shots... I found that even using the standard "clear" (to naked eye) 1A filter reduces the color saturations slightly enough that I don't like it

ChopstickHero said:
i'm waiting to buy a UV filter and polarizer until i get a lens with a non rotating front element.... it's hard to put on filters when the front spins freely. i'm waiting for that Canon EF-S 17-55mm IS f2.8 lens to come out. i want to see the reviews before i consider it. the Canon EF 17-40mm f4 L lens is what i'm gonna get if the 17-55mm doesn't live up to it's name.

what's wrong with a rotating lens? shouldn't be a problem if you're holding the focus adjustment when taking shots

ChopstickHero said:
I never really got into video much. I don't know much about the new technology in video cams these days. there were those days of just messing around with friends and making some fun videos, but as a hobby, i never really found interest in it.

I think editing is kinda fun... video is the whole reason I got into the whole graphic/multimedia thing. I was planning on making car videos a number of years back, but my partner crashed and died during a shoot (dry run-through). I didn't touch anything for years after that.... but as I said, it's becoming interesting to me again. Two Final Cut Pro classes under my belt have given me a good feel for the program.

Back