Any photographers in here?

Quick tip: Never shoot a car in direct sunlight. Overcast daylight is ok. Dusk or Dawn is best.

zoomzoom02 said:
I love taking pictures...aspire to be an amatuer photographer. Here are two pics I took from the grand canyon this last weekend. This first one is absolutely beautiful! I have a sony DSC-T33 5.1MP

DSC03424e.jpg
i think this is the same ridge from a different angle. it was taken on my canon g3. it's not nearly as good as yours.
IMG_0900.JPG

Last edited:
yeah. i was looking at your pic thinking that i had almost the same one. i guess it's not that much of a coincidence considering there's only a few places the majority of people can take pics from.

here's another one that i've been working on. still tweaking it a little. if you haven't noticed already, i like to take still life pictures...usually with metal in it. i find it very intriguing. something about the texture, lines and multitude of shapes that metal can have is really interesting to me. you will see the narrow depth of field with the my 18-55mm kit lens. it's a good lens, but not the best in terms of really bringing out the contrast and colors. i had to work with the RAW file alot to bring out the rusty colors.

IMG_0960-vi.jpg

I'm glad you guys are sharing your work, please post up more!

My new toy...

sgl6ic.jpg

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel with a EF-S 18-55mm, f3.5-5.6 zoom lens.

On top of that, I just bought a tripod, UV filters, extra battery packs, and a 512mb compact flash card.

www.xanga.com/p72

I'll be back with some GOOD pictures.

I love my digital rebel.. I'd like to get a few other lenses for it, but you know how it is.... the whole car thing. :-/

A quick shot I took, did about 2 mins of editing.

mbp.jpg

Attachments

• mbp.jpg
    mbp.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
350?

Prodigy said:
My new toy...

sgl6ic.jpg

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel with a EF-S 18-55mm, f3.5-5.6 zoom lens.

On top of that, I just bought a tripod, UV filters, extra battery packs, and a 512mb compact flash card.

www.xanga.com/p72

I'll be back with some GOOD pictures.

I hope that you meant a 350D...

Can't wait to see some shots :)

NICE PICTURES everyone (thumb)

Nope...
The 300D is good enough for me for now... and it fits my budget.

I may be getting a Canon 30D later this summer after my turbo kit because I know a couple people that could get me it fairly cheap(new).

Prodigy said:
Nope...
The 300D is good enough for me for now... and it fits my budget.

I may be getting a Canon 30D later this summer after my turbo kit because I know a couple people that could get me it fairly cheap(new).

30D looks sweet, although it is essentially the 20D with a few extras. you may be able to pick up a 20D cheap from somebody who's dumping it in favour of a 30D.... check some photo forums on the net....

yay... the site finally works.

here's the first shot from the 300D.... plenty more to come

120048036_dd589396b8_o.jpg

2002 Mazda Protege | Canon 300D | EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | 1/80 second, f/7.1, ISO 100 | Tripod

Prodigy said:
yay... the site finally works.

here's the first shot from the 300D.... plenty more to come

120048036_dd589396b8_o.jpg

2002 Mazda Protege | Canon 300D | EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | 1/80 second, f/7.1, ISO 100 | Tripod
nice composition... i wish there was a little more light on the car though

Back