Any photographers in here?

4732191485_ec7df8d7b5.jpg

4732836136_eab48754bb.jpg

From Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'll upload more pictures later and edit this post for anyone who's interested to see more ;)

@Funky - You use remote trigger/control (whats the correct term?) when using a rig?

Last edited:
Have my first semi-pro photo assignment tomorrow. I was asked to take photos at an event taking place at the airport on Saturday. Kind of nervous since this is the first time an outsider has asked me to do so, but excited since word is getting out that I do this sort of thing.

Any suggestions for a n00b?

use a fast lens and a flash for fill!

wait, is it at night or during the day? Either way, I'd use a flash for fill.

I think its gonna be both. I didn't get very advanced notice about this or else I would have rented lenses again, but I am going to swing by Ritz camera this afternoon and look at buying a nice flash with a diffuser on it.

You have the equipment you need already. Is this outdoor or indoor?

Flash for fill.
Watch out for bad backgrounds.
Get familiar with your flash's high speed sync if it's super bright out.
Bring extra batteries
Maybe bring the polarizer if you are shooting reflective objects
Have a smile on your face, be friendly and network like crazy
Bring water bottle just in case.

Yeah, it's definitely awkward at first taking photos of people you don't know. The guy we use generally has a little notebook that he writes everyone's names down in and an email address... not only does it help him to label pictures and sell some, but it also makes it seem more legit.

I think i'll make up some business cards tonight and print them in the morning - link them to my flickr account. I'm pretty pumped about it though

Bought a flash. Got the Speedlite 270EX and it seems to work pretty well. I couldn't justify spending $300+ on a flash right now, so I went with the baby. We'll see how it goes

I think I'm gettin a bit better w/ the clone stamp. Man, having a rig totally gets me to work on one's editing skills.

4736578627_c0450329c7_b.jpg

4737217328_4528c74e41_b.jpg

RingHDR3.jpg

Very open to suggestions. I have no idea how to get the lighting right on this. Jacking the ISO up to get a shorter exposure with the relatively high F stop seemed to help a bit.

First time shooting an air show. Here's a quick pic with plenty more to come.

http://www.altspace.com/photos/airshow/blueangels1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You know I am ANXIOUSLY waiting the rest! First one looks good man!

[QUOTE="FunkyBuddha, post: 5329185, member: 3200"]Good luck man![/QUOTE]

Phew... glad that's over. I made some business cards, which I handed out as I took photos. Made some good contacts and even got a paid offer to have me take a photo of someone's airplane tomorrow. Might be the start of something good here, so hopefully people visit the flickr site and like what they see!

I'm thinking of creating my own site where I can showcase my photos a little more professionally than flickr, any suggestions?

Back