Any photographers in here?

ChopstickHero

zoom zoom, eh?
Contributor
:
2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2000 Miata
Just wondering if there are any amateur or professional photographers here? Just wanted a space to share pictures, ideas, techniques, etc.

ChopstickHero said:
Just wondering if there are any amateur or professional photographers here? Just wanted a space to share pictures, ideas, techniques, etc.

Amateur = me

There are sites I randomly know of, I can post them later. Nothing too extreme though. The best place to learn would be photography forums. I just stare at pics and think about the shot :D

Plus, photoshop helps a lot haha.

Chris

L8R said:
Amateur = me

There are sites I randomly know of, I can post them later. Nothing too extreme though. The best place to learn would be photography forums. I just stare at pics and think about the shot :D

Plus, photoshop helps a lot haha.

Chris

Nice Nice what camera you got?

I've got the same camera, only with the kit 18-55 lens at the moment. I've heard the same about the 50mm lens, although I gather they're somewhat rare. I'd really like a 18mm or so wide angle prime, and a standard-to-telephoto zoom for a good walk-around kit.

18-55mm? I got the same lens kit. How much and where did you pick yours up from?

D70. How do you like it?

I'm amateur. I'm gonna pick up a D50 next month with an AF-S 18-55mm lense. I was gonna go D70, but its essentially the same camera, newer design, and the features i lose are features i dont need or utilize anyway. Hopefully i can start posting up high quality shots. Everything now is with my bad 3.2mp Fuji... lol. I do my best with what i've got!

daedalus said:
I'm amateur. I'm gonna pick up a D50 next month with an AF-S 18-55mm lense. I was gonna go D70, but its essentially the same camera, newer design, and the features i lose are features i dont need or utilize anyway. Hopefully i can start posting up high quality shots. Everything now is with my bad 3.2mp Fuji... lol. I do my best with what i've got!

Hey, I would suggest looking for a better lens kit package or just buy the body and a good lens seperate. I got that lens with my camera (EF-S 18-55mm though) and you will probably never use it after you upgrade. :)

Amateur photographer here!

I have the original Canon Digital Rebel / 300D. Lenses: Sigma 18-50mm and 55-200mm zooms, and a Canon 28mm prime for when I want to travel light. With the 1.6x focal length multiplier, the 28mm lens is equivalent to a 45mm lens. This is the closest you can get to a "standard" 50mm lens.

And L8r is absolutely right about the Canon 50mm F/1.8 lens. It is the cheapest lens in the Canon lineup, and happens to be one of, if not THE, sharpest lens that Canon makes.

Best tip I can give to any photographer: get a GOOD tripod. Plan on spending at least $200 for a good set of tripod legs and a ball head. It really makes a huge difference.

I'm an Amateur also, looking to get my first digital SLR...not sure when that's going to happen. For now, I'm good with my simple Canon digi cam...
I'm leaning towards a Canon Rebel...I also have to get that old Canon SLR (Film...who uses that anymore???) from our old house...

L8R said:
18-55mm? I got the same lens kit. How much and where did you pick yours up from?

D70. How do you like it?

Love the D70 soo much had nothing but great images with it looking at picking up a few different lenses in a month or so

thepepperman said:
I got mine for an unpublishable price from a friend of a friend....... just in time for my trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago. Pics: http://public.fotki.com/thepepperman/events_and_trips/floridabahamas_2006/

Nice pictures and your girlfriend/wife/stepsister is pretty. My only suggestion would be to get used to using the flash outdoors to fill shadows and bring the subject up to the brightness of surrouding objects.

some pics i took in Long Beach about a week ago:

IMG_0812-vi.jpg

IMG_0818-vi.jpg

IMG_0816-vi.jpg

IMG_0792-vi.jpg

Back