Smashed Electrode

Just had the same problem with mine. Misfire in cylindar 4 due to bent electrode. Took it in and the dealear said it was due to a missing screw on the intake mani. I expressed my concern that since they didn't find the screw they needed to remove the head and inspect the cylinder for damage. Refused to do the inspection. Just installed the new intake manifold and guess what? No compression. Now they're pulling the head to inspect for a possible cause.

Gotta love it...

That makes me feel great. (boom07)

blaxer said:
Just had the same problem with mine. Misfire in cylindar 4 due to bent electrode. Took it in and the dealear said it was due to a missing screw on the intake mani. I expressed my concern that since they didn't find the screw they needed to remove the head and inspect the cylinder for damage. Refused to do the inspection. Just installed the new intake manifold and guess what? No compression. Now they're pulling the head to inspect for a possible cause.

Gotta love it...

I'm getting a slight smell of fuel now from my P5. I did a basic check and saw nothing. I'm probably going to just take it back to the dealer and let them handle it. PITA. :(

Jack Daniels said:
I'm getting a slight smell of fuel now from my P5. I did a basic check and saw nothing. I'm probably going to just take it back to the dealer and let them handle it. PITA. :(

Probably?

Unless you spot something really blatant and simple, like a leaking fuel line connector that's not quite pushed in tight, definitely take it back. It's probably somewhere up on the fuel rail and they messed it up during your repairs, so they should damn well put it back together correctly.

Well, when I said probably, I meant take it to the dealer instead of doing it myself. I briefly inspected the fuel rail and see no signs of any leakage. I'm going to take another look tomorrow and see if I can find anything, if not, back to the dealer it goes.

pasadena_commut said:
Probably?

Unless you spot something really blatant and simple, like a leaking fuel line connector that's not quite pushed in tight, definitely take it back. It's probably somewhere up on the fuel rail and they messed it up during your repairs, so they should damn well put it back together correctly.

Anyone having this issue, I am looking to get a leagal opinion, I will advise- Mazda stating that the recall dates are accurate, but I have heard of at least three people outside of those dates, not including myself.

Anyone else having this issue??

New top half for me. Should have the car back Monday with a list of replaced parts.

Anyone have a cutaway or exploded view of the FS-DE?

blaxer said:
New top half for me. Should have the car back Monday with a list of replaced parts.

Anyone have a cutaway or exploded view of the FS-DE?

Plenty of people have the exploded view if you know what I mean :p

Now the dealer is telling me that the valves are leaking on cylindars 2 & 3 due to carbon buildup. I thought that the valve train was part of the head though. Oh and by the way, my cam is broken too, but they don't think that's related the screw and butterfly coming loose.

Back