Battery

mariela

Hey Everyone,

I have a P5 2002 with 37,000 thousand milles. Today I got in my car and the battery was shot :( . The only thing I could hear while trying to start the was the click of the key. I was wondering if anybody has a recommendation for battery, any especific brand?. Thank you, I really appreciate the help :)

Last edited:
Optima batteries are awesome. If you don't want to spend too much, then the Sears gold something battery is pretty good. I have the optima red-top and I love it.

Any name brand battery that fits will do you fine for right now.

Optima batteries are cool because you can mount them upside down if you want to (why would you?) and they look a lot nicer in the engine bay.

Optima is really good, very durable. Interstate is probably the mainstream one I would recomment.

Like others said, if you don't have a stereo or some crazy electronics just get whatever battery. No sense spending over $100 on a blinggy drycell battery if you don't need it.

mariela said:
Hey Everyone,

I have a P5 2002 with 37,000 thousand milles. Today I got in my car and the battery was shot :( . The only thing I could hear while trying to start the was the click of the key. I was wondering if anybody has a recommendation for battery, any especific brand?. Thank you, I really appreciate the help :)

Once you get the new battery, check to see if there is a parasitic drain that may exist when your vehicle is off. It could be an interior light that does not extinguish. A dirty battery top and battery tray could also cause a parasitic drain on the battery.

mogi said:
add water :)

Oh yeah, the stock battery isn't maintenance free. I probably needed to add some distilled water to mine or whatever it is you are supposed to do, but I just got an Optima Red Top instead.

Did someone want pics of an intalled Optima?

I attached it. It is 600K or so, but hey, it is clear. Nice lil red top to replace my Wal Mart battery.

Attachments

• 100_3778.JPG
    100_3778.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
Looks good RaiderMP5. Much cleaner than mine right now, and I really like that header.

Last edited:
Man, our bays do look similiar!!

I love the header, the most power increase. Looks ok for a Ractive. I will be getting some charcoal wrap for it in the next week or so from Street unit. The header is oxidizing for one, the other is that it puts out a lot of heat. The wrap will help some. It is all about proper installation.

One thing based off of looking at your pic. Your coolant looks black, and the reservoir is pretty low. might wanna get it flushed. Mine was like that before I had it flushed a couple months ago.

im throwin 2 12" M.A. subs with a LT980 amp into my p5...im guessin an optima would be good to have?

RaiderMP5 said:
One thing based off of looking at your pic. Your coolant looks black, and the reservoir is pretty low. might wanna get it flushed. Mine was like that before I had it flushed a couple months ago.

Good observation. I will check my fluid levels this weekend. Thanks.

Back