HID installation

TP's02/323

:
2002 Protege 5
i jus bought the Helios HID conversion kit and Im just wonderin how to install them. Im sure i could figure it out but i was told that i have to kill my day time runnin lights or else they will flicker when my headlights arent actually turned on?... could someone clarify this for me please

i was wondering about the same thing as you,i really dont know if we can simply unplugged the drl,wich is simple,or do we have to make any bypass,what would happen if we simply take the module out of the car??thats the big question..... (boom07)

cause there s many treads about switching the drl on the parking lights,fogs,but damn it,i simply want to remove them,anyways the first thing i do after starting the car,i put on the lights,even during the day,... (boom07)

installing is pretty easy

basically, what you do is, swapping out conventional bulb to the hid bulb (for the headlight part)and place the balast and ignitor wherever you feel confortable inside the engine bay. usually when you get your hid kit, the installation comes with it so it is pretty straight forward

i have never seen any p5 w/ drl here.. if highbeem lights up, no problem since hid will be installed on your low beem, but if lowbeem is your drl, you might consider disable it.. i know i seen how to somewhere in this forum..

zinx said:
i have never seen any p5 w/ drl here.. if highbeem lights up, no problem since hid will be installed on your low beem, but if lowbeem is your drl, you might consider disable it.. i know i seen how to somewhere in this forum..
only the canadian p5s have drls, and they are in the highbeams..very dim tho (also very pointless...but thats ok lol)

if your DRL are in the high beams then you shouldn't have any problem. Only way to find out for sure is to install it and see what happens.

redpr5 said:
only the canadian p5s have drls, and they are in the highbeams..very dim tho (also very pointless...but thats ok lol)

our p5 uses 2 seperate bulbs for high/low beems

you shouldnt have any problem since the circuit is seperated as well

but thats the problem about the sedans,only 1 bulb each side..

the hid ballasts need constant 12 volts to work,but the thing is,that the drl module works by impulsion,lower voltage than 12 volts,(thats why hid would flick on drl mode)so the big question,is there anybody who tried to just remove the module out of the car(wich is pretty simple),yes i know its illegal to not have drl in canada,but with the lights turned on,who knows that you dont have any.... (boom07)

and yes the p5 have for 2 bulbs each side,and the drl are on the high beams,so if you install hids on the low beams,no problems....

thanks for the help guys...

ok i just went out to my garage... the running lights are the low beam or outter bulbs... and the hi beams are the inner bulbs....so now im confused

TP's02/323 said:
ok i just went out to my garage... the running lights are the low beam or outter bulbs... and the hi beams are the inner bulbs....so now im confused

so that means that you have the same drls as me,so you need to take off the drl module to...or in your case,bypass the drl on the high beam of your car,a thing that i cant do on mine... (pissed)

just clic on the link and go to section 9-18...pages 16-17-18...
http://protege5.ugly.net/09-18.PDF

i have all the infos,but dont have enough guts to try to remove it,the car is still on warranty,so i am afraid of any check or failure code to appear...let me know if you try it and it works.... (boom07)

I have an HID kits on my 03 P5 tooo. But at the moment I'm still deciding if I should put in my Blue/Purple light on or not. Any how but there is a way you can instal it correctly on them 03 P5 well anyway. just pm and I'll try to help you out.

AndySilverP5 said:
I have an HID kits on my 03 P5 tooo. But at the moment I'm still deciding if I should put in my Blue/Purple light on or not. Any how but there is a way you can instal it correctly on them 03 P5 well anyway. just pm and I'll try to help you out.

what have you done with the drls of your p5?you removed it?we neeeeddd heeeeeeeeelllllllpppppppp!!!!hahahhahaah

ok... i tried unpluging the DRL module.. no dice... it kills the headlights to... soooo im gonna try disconection the e-brake switch cuz i think that'll work... ill keep ya informed

TP's02/323 said:
ok... i tried unpluging the DRL module.. no dice... it kills the headlights to... soooo im gonna try disconection the e-brake switch cuz i think that'll work... ill keep ya informed

but if you do that,you are going to have the hand brake light always on!!!i think i am going to bypass my drls on the fog lights,if only it was less cold over here,damn winter...... (boom07)

Back