Very disappointed..

japmaxse said:
It depends on how much N2O your going to spray. I've seen weak motors such as MId 70's Honda four bangers and Chevy's 2.8 take 75 shot's with no prob. If you can buy the Hi boost kit and put over 210whp without changing any internals then a simple 50 or 75 shot should be nothing.

I've searched but no one has any specific detail of them blowing their car up with a 50 shot nor 75. If I where to bet on it I would have to say either driver error, poorly tuned or the vics (IM).

The boost from a turbo and the extra hp from nitrous is a different stress on an engine. The turbo is much more gradual and therefore, less dangerous.

I do hope that it works out for you.

65racecoupe said:
The boost from a turbo and the extra hp from nitrous is a different stress on an engine. The turbo is much more gradual and therefore, less dangerous.

I do hope that it works out for you.
Both processes have the same purpose, to force more air. A turbo isn't very gradual, a car can see a good 75% of it's boost in a second or so.

Replica said:
Both processes have the same purpose, to force more air. A turbo isn't very gradual, a car can see a good 75% of it's boost in a second or so.

Compared to nitrous. Boost goes up as RPM goes up.

who has blown a stock FS running a 50-75 n20 shot that had actual engine management?(not to mention there has not been 1 properly tuned stock motor mazdaspeed fail. not to mention mams 273WHP stock motor pull, stop giving the FS a bad rep guys) Pretty sure nobody, just a bunch of cheap asses trying to get away with something. if you are looking to spray start off with a good ems and j and s safeguard, then add colder plugs tuning and spray. Dont be a dumbass and put on a 5o shot and wonder why it blew. EMS and tuning, all you need.

Well I finally went out to Moroso Park.
Mods: including whats in my sig.
5spd
93oct
75 shot NX
Custom Intake
DR's up front 25-35psi
Removed uneccesary stuff from trunk.

Best run with VTCS closed. 14.7@94mph
picture10036zg.jpg

Best Stock run without Nitrous:
16.47@84mph avg high 16's.
I avg'd slower times when I had the VTCS hooked up.
I feal like I could have gone faster with cooler conditions, the track was really slick that night (2.3 60') should be under 2.0 . So far so good , knock on wood but everything went smooth engine sounded good. Next time I go I'll try a different setup aprl 28th.

Last edited:
Back