Very disappointed..

japmaxse

:
Mazda 03' P5
After reading a dozen threads on N2O. I came to the conclusion that P5 motors suck. I was planning on spraying it but damn the engine is way to advanced the engine internals are week jesus christ I can't do anything to this car. If I can't simply spray a 50 shot for god sake why in the hell would I put money in this car for more performance. This is my first Mazda and at first I purchased the car to just get to point A to B but after putting the rims, springs, Hi Power Exhaust and SS it handles, sounds good and looks sharp. But that's where it stops. It's slow as hell it falls flat on it's face after 5krpm's.

So besides headers, Catback exhaust and a CAI. What else can someone do to get this car to run in the mid 14's without changing internals or boosting?

Please help I'm suffering from slowinitis.. (puke)

I know you dont want to but boosting it is the only way to go! Buy a used MSP setup if your shooting for 14's.

I have absolutely no experience with the FSDE "Ford" but I put it like this if I can't spray a simple 50 shot what makes me think it will be safe to boost without changing internals? I'll have to get a FPR upgrade the fuel pump maybe somehow change timing to accommodate the AFR so no Kboom and later I look in my pockets and I just spent over $4k just to run 14's that's pathetic if you ask me.

japmaxse said:
After reading a dozen threads on N2O. I came to the conclusion that P5 motors suck. I was planning on spraying it but damn the engine is way to advanced the engine internals are week jesus christ I can't do anything to this car. Please help I'm suffering from slowinitis.. (puke)

i am sure you can use N2O cautiously and you will be fine. i think people just get greedy and want more power than the engine can give safely. same thing when boosting, keep the PSI low and then engine will run fine with a good tune!

enjoy your P5.......

yeah, n2o is tricky, our engine have crappy tunnin from the factory, i'm sure if u tune it properly u cvan safely run a small amount of n2o without goin boom

Protege52003 said:
i am sure you can use N2O cautiously and you will be fine. i think people just get greedy and want more power than the engine can give safely. same thing when boosting, keep the PSI low and then engine will run fine with a good tune!

enjoy your P5.......

That's what I'm saying I totally agree with you but I haven't read one good thing about N2o with our motors. What most people are saying isn't concreate no one has figured why N2O isn't good for the motor and what would solve it from blowing up.

Ok this is off the top of my head I get a 50 wet I'm guessing I'll need to up the FPR maybe if it still runs lean. Get 2step colder plugs. Make sure to change all fluids with High Visc for added safety. Then before even thinking of spraying yet get it dyno tuned for the street and track. Just so I can get an ideal of what the limit would be making sure I stay in the safe zone. What do you guys think? Is their anything else I left out?

^^^

i only wish I had time/funds to do this. the best thing you can do it install and dyno making sure your car's A/F stays balanced under WOT when spraying! don't get crazy with wanting more power.....

I'm going for it I'll get the NX kit and over the next few months I'll be doing some researching. Then hopefully I can get you guys some concrete statistics on P5's with N2O. I've done lot's of crazy swaps so I know what it takes, check out my cardomain page.

For your information I'll be willing to trade anyone here for the NX KIT for my 18" rims I have in the F/S thread worth $500. I'll pay for your shipping via paypal and you pay the same to ship out my rims. I think that's a good deal. I really need the space back in my garage that's why I really don't care if I lose some on the transaction plus I can tackle this N2O dilemma with FSDE motors. Spread the word.

Thanks...

So at what point did you think the P5 would be a excellent sports car or a track beast? Was it the big whoopin 130HP? or the 135ft-lbs of torque? FWD?

These cars are ment to be a daily driver...I don't see a point in spending $1,000s on a car to get you into the 170-180HP range. The only thing sporty about these cars are the looks, and the suspension.

paranoidxe said:
So at what point did you think the P5 would be a excellent sports car or a track beast? Was it the big whoopin 130HP? or the 135ft-lbs of torque? FWD?

These cars are ment to be a daily driver...I don't see a point in spending $1,000s on a car to get you into the 170-180HP range. The only thing sporty about these cars are the looks, and the suspension.

Exactly why I rather trade for the kit. I have a shop to go too and get it tuned at no cost not a prob for me. Parts isn't a prob either. I would never pay over $1k on this car. So far the only thing I paid for was the Kartboy and bushings. evrything else I got from my shops sources (first) . I'm simply wanting a little more umph for spirited weekend driving. That's why I thaught about N2O. It's not worth to me Boosting changing internals or any of that it would be pointless it still wouldn't be wrth while with the money you would have to spend just to run a 12.4 1/4 like what's his name.
The maxima you see in my cardomain site I paid a Total of $2600 in the entire swap and ran a 13.1@107mph. Naturaly Aspirated..
That motor can handle a 100 shot all day long. The only downside was the tranny blew up on me. So it's sitting in the driveway. Then I had to buy another car to reliably get me from A to B. But damn the P5 is just way to slow. It felt good when I test drove it, it was also within my budget for the money it was worth it compared to my other choices. So I think I can simply spray this motor and get some more fun out of it without blowing it up. I'll get the kit regardless wether or not I trade for it. Hopefully I don't't blow it up. (boom07)

Last edited:
1) visit the N/A forum
2) strip the car down
3) put on some DRs or slicks
4) learn how to drive it

...and run 14s

Good luck bro. If you want a fast car, get another one.

Even with H/I/E you'll probably be shy of 100whp.

Did you not look up any info or test drive the car before buying?If you didn't then I really can't feel sorry for ya. At this point, if you want to keep it but make it fast, Ya gonna hafta put up, or shut up. Get the internals and a snail to make it fast. Either way, you want to make a practical car, inpractical. Might as well go for broke.

I would look into the mental addiction stripper kit.

Way better option imo than n20 and really not much more $$$

You should be able to get 160hp at the very worst with your stock internals.

Let me clear up some misconceptions. I purchased the car through a financial program that I liked and they gave me a choice of cars and this was the best for the price. Second I never had in mind trying to make this car fast. I'm just surprised how slow it is that's all. I'm just looking to making it more enjoyable to drive on the weekend without spending tons of money, very simple. After researching a little this would be the best and cheapest route to go. CAI, Exhaust, and a little juice. But it seems that since the motor is so pathetic, I like the challenge of finding out what I can do without emptying my pockets. No hard feelings to the true enthusiast.

nealric said:
I would look into the mental addiction stripper kit.

Way better option imo than n20 and really not much more $$$

You should be able to get 160hp at the very worst with your stock internals.
That kit is like $2k+ no way.

Last edited:
it's a NA 2.0 16v 4cyl ......... what, if any, stock us vehicle has ever been "fast" with thoes specs.

slow and fast are relative

just have fun and be safe!

my 2

WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE!! geez, your willing to squeeze,juice, or whatever you want to call it. but you can't even spend a little time to actually research your car to see where you can milk just a little HP from where ever you can. nevermind why even research it you'll probably just complain about the cost anyway. do you think you can get you car faster by publicly complaining about it and wishful thinking. go talk to some people around here that are actually putting time,money, and effort into there cars and are getting results. go get yourself a Lambo if you want to go fast. you'll probably just go and complain on thier forum too! anyone know when we're sending another rocket to space maybe JAPMAXSE can strap himself to it. i hear those are pretty fast. someone ban this guy he probably really owns a honda anyway.

six_dolla_bill said:
WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE!! geez, your willing to squeeze,juice, or whatever you want to call it. but you can't even spend a little time to actually research your car to see where you can milk just a little HP from where ever you can. nevermind why even research it you'll probably just complain about the cost anyway. do you think you can get you car faster by publicly complaining about it and wishful thinking. go talk to some people around here that are actually putting time,money, and effort into there cars and are getting results. go get yourself a Lambo if you want to go fast. you'll probably just go and complain on thier forum too! anyone know when we're sending another rocket to space maybe JAPMAXSE can strap himself to it. i hear those are pretty fast. someone ban this guy he probably really owns a honda anyway.
N/A has PROVEN to suck. Look at the N/A tech forum. An NA P5 that makes 120whp is treated like a UFO sighting.

I own a honda. (thumb)

I think we've all been frustrated from this reality from time to time...basically, if you really want a faster car, get a different car. I mean, a little more cash will get you a WRX with AWD and a factory turbo. Might not look as good as a P5, but it will give you your speed fix.

Eric

Back