Hardpipes Hitting Brake Fluid Reservoir

HFD45

Contributor
:
MSP No. 970
i have a MSP running with Essential Speed hardpipes NO hump hoses...everytime im in the car taking off out of first gear or even when fast acceleration takes place i hear this nasty "clunk" noise. It obvious so i tried narrowing it down...replaced one motor mount got rid of the roughness...now i have a problem with my hardpipe coming from the mani hitting the brake fluid Reservoir consideribly....I know im not the only one who ran into this problem, just interested in others experiences in solving this issue, i was thinking like some sort of rubber adhesive b/c double sticky tape lasted for a whole 4 days...heres a couple of pics of my problem....(p.s. dont mind the Wal-Mart battery...when its 12am and your car dies you gotta do what you gotta do....dont judge lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I had this problem. It never did any damage to my hardpipe or master cylander. However there are a couple ways to fix it or deaden the impact. One is to get a silicone tube and slip it over the entire hard pipe so that when it runs into the master cylander it is the soft silicone hitting it instead of metal to metal contact. You said you replaced one of the motor mounts? i am assuming you mean you replaced the front motor mount with an AWR mount that should have helped the problem. You can also try filling in your side mounts (there is a thread in the How-To section on doing this yourself). Mine was solved by the installation of the 626 manifold and NSN motorsports intake manifold spacer. I am assuming and have been told that the spacer itself with fix this problem actually.

not bad not bad....thanks for the tip, never thought of the silicone solution, but it should work.....thanks!

i had this same problem wore down some of my hard pipe away... it sucked i just reposioned mine and it then just stopped... just work the pipe around :)

Edit: Hiboost kit! sry i don't know if that is same pipe set up (cold side)

Back