Vibration query

A777Z

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum.

I just purchased an '02 P5 with 91Kms and there's vibration in the steering wheel, shifter and pedals when accellerating in first gear, but then seems to go away in second. I've checked other posts here and wheels and tire issues come up, but I don't think that's a problem as they are stock. A motor mount or balance shaft problem is more what I'm assuming. Are these a problem for these cars? Any input is appreciated...thanks!

yeah, our stock motor mounts may as well be made of jello...and I don't think it's a balance shaft problem...I don't think I've heard of these engines having probs w/ those.

quick jack right here...but does any1 know what the durometer rating of the stock mounts is?
(jacked)

:D

Welcome to the forum btw. Good to see another member, and I hope that after you get this figured out, you don't have any other problems. Where are you located?

BTW, thanks for the info guys, and I'll be checking the mounts for cracks etc. Are there any recommendations for replacement mounts?

Either get new stock mounts, or get AWR front / rear mounts. If ur daily driving the car and not racing it regularly, the 70 durometer should be good. The 88 and 95 make the car shake...a lot... Great pedal response and feel, but kinda uncomfortable / noisey for a daily driven car

Back