cabbie

:
Mazda5
I've made my plan and have gotten a quote for the following:
One pair Infinity 6x8 inch KAPPA680.7CS component speakers in door;
One Alpine 4 way amplifier MRV-F345 75watts per channel;
One Line out adaptor, speaker level to line;
Dynamat Extreme door kit;
Twisted pair interlinks (Monster brand).

I'm looking for a sound quality improvement. I'm probably going to eventually abandon the rear speakers and will use the bridged output of channels 3 and 4 to power a modest sub. My Five will be the first for Avenue Sound located in Patchogue, NY. I did get interior panel diagrams from Papabear in another forum and have put them on a CD to be given to the installer. I was hoping for the head unit wire diagram to help determine the CORRECT wires to cut and splice to the Line out adaptor.

Where should the Amp be mounted? I thought the storage bin in the second row seat would be ideal: Just flip up the cushion to view the display and adjustments on the Alpine. I plan on cutting vent holes in the bin and perhaps mounting a small 12v fan to circulate air.
Eye%20Balls.bmp
Is this sound? Should I consider an alternate location?

Where should the Tweeters be mounted? My first thought is to try and locate the tweeter in the Kick panel. It would be adjacent to the Midbass driver and be properly aimed for coherent sound.

Please advise on your experiences.(hi)

Thanks,

I'm thinking the storage bin is not the greatest place to mount the amp because the seats move. Unless you plan on figuring out a way to keep the seat from sliding back and forth so you don't rip out the wiring/cables you might have issues.

Please keep us informed, as others will surely follow your lead.

My $0.02

I thought that seperate wire looms containing respectively the signal and power cables could be brought out through the bottom or rear side of the bin. Sufficient slack would allow the seat to travel - I hope.

What do you think? Another variation on the same theme: remove the bin and mount the amp to the floor, hopefully the amp will remain covered with the seat in the forward load position.

Should I move this post to the other audio forum where the heavy weights hang? (added)
(band2)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back