differences

djdanny5000

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Retired: 2002 Protege 5
Are there any differences between the UR Pulley and the RR Pulley im thinkning about doing this real soon but just wondering if one is better than the other or what?

Dude, who'd ya have to flame to get all that red? That's cool, it matches the car.

i have no clue i dont know why u got all that red i just signed on one day and poof i have no idea why i feel bad now cause im not a mean person and i surely am not mean here on the boards i always try to be polite and i never curse people out or anything dont know why im red like that anyways still wondering what the differences are between the two pulleys

hit your User CP & scroll down under your subsriptions & you will see who has left you Rep, what kind & why.

oh i think i know why im red my computer was acting up one day and i hit the post thread button twice and it posted twice by accident and i guess it pissed someone off anyways sorry about that and back on topic any differences between the two

Seems like it would be same stuff different smell. Not sure what could be different other than maybe the circumference by a little. IMO, I think better would simply be determined by best deal and or what color you want.

ok i just wanted to know if there were any differences in gains between the two

Well, they can only go so small on circumference so that it will still drive accessories enough to be of use. Both are probably made from similar if not same material so weight most likely pretty much the same. Those are the only 2 factors in determining gains that I know of for this particular part. I have the UR one since I happened upon a blue one on ebay for 75.00 that came with the correct belts & a tool to bolt to oem pulley that locked itself against ac pulley to get bolt off (I have auto). That's how I ended up with the UR. My assometer is not sensitive to tell if anything other than small increase in rev speed & another blue part to match underhood changes has occurred.

For some reason, I think the RR isn't underdrive, I thought it was just lighter. But I'm not sure, I just pulled that out of the air. On a side note, here are part numbers for good Gatorback belts that won't squeal:

AC/PS Belt

Alt/Water Pump Belt

well if the rr isnt underdrive and its just lighter i would prefer that one because it wouldnt affect your electronics like an underdrive would

djdanny5000 said:
well if the rr isnt underdrive and its just lighter i would prefer that one because it wouldnt affect your electronics like an underdrive would

just went to their site, http://rr-racing.com/underdrive.htm , in the picture it shows, it appears to be underdrive because the oem one is closer to the same size as the plate with the teeth on it. The one they show is smaller like the UR underdrive is. You could email them for more info on the actual size.

Back