My new car

vindication

Missing my Protege
Contributor
:
2001 Pro 2.0 LX
yeah, that's right, I got a new car. Oh boy, where to start. Well first, yall can relax cause I still have the protege and will never get rid of it. But this car is for me when I move to europe in the summer. A Hyundai Getz was bought for me when I go there(headshake. I told my dad to look fo a used Mazda 323F but nooooo, he got one of these things. On the bright side it is Turbo, but then again it is diesel. Also, I think it'll grow on me. It's not like I was gonna move there and excpect to buy a good lookin car. That could mean less to me. I just really wanted a 323F. Well anyway the getz I have is I-4 1.5L turbo diesel. Here is a link to Hyundai site. It is the "high-performance"*insert laugh here* one all the way on the right. http://worldwide.hyundai-motor.com/ feel free to do some digging around. It has like 108bhp and gets to 62mph in 11.1sec. Damn I thought my car was slow. But it oes get like 60mpg:D Choke on that Mazda:D

I looked at all the pictures in the Hyundai website, its little, but its kinda nice with all these little neat features. And in europe majority of the people drives small cars instead of SUVs...

yeah, they have the whole "non suv" thing down over there.. they have it right!

yeah, lots of hatchs in europe. thats why I like them. this one isn't too bad. plus it's got like all the extras you can add.

ohh and it's in silver. here are som more options it comes with: Air-conditioning with pollen filter; 6 speakers; drivers seat height adjustment and lumber support; electric rear windows; electric tilt/slide sunroof; sunglasses holder; trip computer; alloy wheels; heated door mirrors; remote keyless entry system; tachometer; map reading lights.

yeah, but cap, it'll last like 300k kilometers, way more than our cars. but hopefully I wont have this for that long

vindication said:
yeah, but cap, it'll last like 300k kilometers, way more than our cars. but hopefully I wont have this for that long
true dat.

drive it like you stole it!

not bad not bad at all...they are not to big into anything more then little cars with lots of options inside...my mom went to londen and she said there were like 2 suvs there...its not a bad starter car...you should look into a smart car while your there...they got some fun models http://www.usa.smart.com/brand/smartUSA.html good luck with your new endeavor

moving fo good is the plan. Of course unless something happens, but hopefully it'll go according to plan. I will visit at least once a year, and hopefully on day if I have enough money I'll get a vacation home somewhere along the east coast.

not bad lookin man....where in europe you goin? and thats probably goin to be one of the bigger cars on the road.... they love em small over there... gas is SO $$$

no, this car aint big. it's in the same category as the toyota yaris, honda jazz, mazda 2, etc. Small cars. Plus turbo diesel dont waste gas. I'll get like 50-60mpg. I'll be moving back to Portugal, where I was born. Came here when I was 3 and it's been long overdue for me to return.

Bummer, you could have gotten it in "Hip Hop Red"

It even has a place to put your man-purse...

in_pb_02.gif

swweet thing about the man-purse.(boom07) that's one up on the protege. hah

yeah, I'll be shipping the Protege over there. Most likely next summer.

here are some pics my dad sent me. It is only a 2 seater cause you pay less for the car and less taxes and less insurance and whatnot:D
pcar1.jpg

pcar2.jpg

pcar4.jpg

Back