Do you guys care about racking up the miles on your MP3?

Revs

Contributor
:
Laser Blue MP3
This might sound stupid, but with the MP3 being a rare model are you guys/gals concerned about driving the car too much and racking up the miles?? Personally mine has 120,000km (75k miles) on it, I drive it a lot about 32,000km/yr, and I have been thinking about driving down to Daytona Beach for a week later this month with my girlfriend. It would be @3000miles roundtrip.
I'm on the fence about making the trip.

opps, thought I posted this in the MP3 forum, oh well this will do:)

moving to MP3

EDIT: but in regards to the topic, I bought my MSP brand new & have already put over 50k miles on it..I love my car but Im sorry, its not meant to sit in a garage...but I also bought my P5 to help eliminate some of the excess driving w/ the MSP :D

Last edited:
You're thinking about not going on a trip so you don't put miles on your car? Get your priorities strait. It's a protege, not some collector car.

Well, i got 150,000kms on mine. I always worry about putting too many kms on it but then i just realize that the car is way too fun to let sit :)

I know, I'm an idiot to think like that, but I've had it stuck in my head since I was able to drive that your suppose to keep the miles down on a car, perhaps my dad being a mechanic helped with that. Its one of those bad habits I suppose.

I feel you man. I'm the same way. But then you also have to remember, the cars our parents drove don't usually make it much past 100k miles. If even that far! Now these engines are designed so well, they'll last much past that. And if you don't plan on selling the car, I say go all out. (thumb)

cars are meant to be driven, You don't pay thousands of dollars for them just to look at them. No matter what you do they will loose their value anyway, so with that said, DRIVE ON.

Definetly going to do the trip as long as everything works out. You guys are all right, its a car and its meant to be driven.

Ya i feel the same. I know it is ment to be drove but i still hate putting miles on it. Just me i guess. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes i would rather not drive it and keep the miles low but what fun is it to have a car that you never drive and worry about putting stupid miles on it. I know i bought the msp because i love the way it drives so i best be using it for that insted of a life size model car.

I know I dont have an mp3, but I am the exact same way. My car is not even a limited car and I have had it for 14 months and am at 9,500 miles

78000km here...
Lucky we have 3 cars at home, so I dont drive mine with family trip. They don't like my hardcore suspension anyway, hahaha

call me whatever you want but when winter comes it gets parked and summer i drive the bike....got 32,000 on mine...need parts for it now!!

Back