Insurance

yettiman

hey watsup gentlemen

insurance is one of the reasons that my rents are holding off on getting me the MSP at the moment, among other things...buuuuttt.....

what insurance companies are u guys using and wat type of rates are u guys paying

i got various quotes ranging from 3000 a year to 6000 a year

(rite now we are paying 2000 a year for my 1994 protege lx, i am 18 at the moment so i guess thats why)

any help would be sweet

I have GIECO and it's not that great. They will give you a banging quote, but when you start using it they will background check you and give you the "real" rate.

" got various quotes ranging from 3000 a year to 6000 a year"

Gesus thats high how many tickets you get????

It really depends on your age and driving record. I use Allstate and have been using them since I was 17. NO major wrecks and no tickets in the last 10 years..

I Pay just below $100 a month for 4 months for a 6 month policy or $800 a year...Thats with a 1997 Ford Truck (liability only) and full coverage on my MSP.. OF course they did not have MSP in there books. They ask me if it was a LX or ES. I told them I think it was a ES (which is higher anyway for some reason).

i pay 150 a month for full coverage on mine but im almost 22 and i havent gotten a ticket in over 2 1/2 years and thats the only one on my record. i go through state farm insurance

insurance for the msp is the same as insurance for a 4 door standard transmission mazda protege sedan.

yea, im 18 with not tickets on my record (the one i got was dropped) but the quote i did i put in no tickets, and it was still like 3000 dollars a year for the cheapest one

but u must remember im 18 and that was insuring it under my own name, so understandibly more. but 3000 seems a little excessive, let alone 6000 fck that, (excuse my french)

well i dunno i guess we will have to see what happens

I pay around $74 a month with Allstate and I have a $0 Comp deductable and a $500 collision and towing and rental car protection. I love the $0 comp because if some retard keys my ride or my windshield breaks I pay nothing to have it fixed. OH yeah, I'm 31 as well...huge discounts plus multi-car as well. OH yeah, that's in VEGAS as well, horrible rates because drivers are idiots here.

Did you check with Progressive? If you aren't over 25 or on your parents stay away from GIECO!! My sister works for them and if you are getting your first policy they will rip you a new one.

I'm 23, and I get 1 to 2 tickets a year (not excessively speeding, maybe 10-20 mph over limit), and I have my own policy with Progressive. For my Protege5, if i were to pay monthly, it wld be 160 a month. Thats here in suburban Georgia. My insurance with Progressive has gone down 20 to 30 dollars a month every time my policy has renewed...

Doug

if you're young, get your parents to do the insurance in their name, and just pay them or pay to the insurance company directly. save a lot of money that way

i'm 22 and i pay just 115 a month for full coverage with a 750 deductable, that is with a good student discount and a clean record of 3 years of no tickets and but 2 not at fault accidents. This is with farmers insurance group

im paying through my mom and its 2700 every 6 months for me and her she used to pay 900 a year

ok, since you haven't bought the car have your parents put it under their name and get the unisured motorist insurance. Say you don't live at home you go to school cause they have to insure everyone in the house or sign a waiver saying that john something will not drive the car. Thats what I did when I was a teenager and it saved us a lot of money because I was an idiot street racer with a lot of tickets. (yes I've learned my lesson, it cost me a lot of $$$$$)

i pay 83 a month but it's for 100/300 (the only reason i bother to say is most are for 10/30) with a $500 collision and zero comp.

I have Farmer's , $48 per month with one "Failure to Yield to a Traffic Control Device," I guess that it was so yellow that it matched my car to quote the cop. I only paid $44 per month on the SRT-4, and I pay $64 per month on the Dakota Quad Cab with a rider for my trailer and race car.

But, I am married, 32, college graduate, been with the same ins co for four years (rates have dropped about 20%), and I have kids. I also have two home owner's poliies through them as well but they won't affect my rates until I renew my policies in April. I also have my 18' Chevrolet Cube Van insured with them, but it is on a seperate policy because they don't believe that anyone would own a truck like that for non-commercial reasons, so it is insured as a commercial vehicle.

I also pay my policies in full for six months at a time, which reduces the rates as well.

Britt

yettiman said:
very cool guys, thanks a lot

i guess ill jsut shop around and see wat i can find
Check Erie insurance as well. they are pretty good with their rates..
725/year full coverage

I pay about 1600 per year through cincinnati insurance group. I'm 26 married, 2kids, college grad, with discounts. If you are a high risk ie have tickets, accidents maybe try Safe Auto if you are in a state they write insurance in, they sell minimum coverage insurance and focus mainly on the high risk people

Back