Mazda didn't pay for my rental!

I get a bill today for $1048 from Hertz for the Mz5 recall. Seems Mazda doesn't cover rentals after all, it's up to the dealer. The dealer and Mazda don't give a F***. During the recall the dealer told me "don't worry about it" Yeah, they weren't worried about it. I guess Mazda just doesn't worry about repeat customers. Was kinda getting the itch for the MS6, They won't have to worry about me anymore.

Contact your dealership and/or MazdaUSA - the cost of a rental for the Mazda5 recall is covered.

Yeah dude, it's covered, there was just a mistake somewhere. Contact Mazda North America, they'll help ya deal with it.

I did call Mazda. They told me Mazda does not cover the rental, the dealer does. Anybody with a recent warranty rental from Sterling Mazda in Michigan is probably gonna get a letter like I got from the rental agency. They simply are not paying Hertz. From talking to people, for the last 3+ months only the "essential" bills are being payed by Sterling. Doesn't sound very good to me.
Mazda basically told me there is nothing they could do.

Here's what I received from Hertz.

Attachments

• hertz3.JPG
    hertz3.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 302
i would sue the hell out of that dealer. at worst, i would harass mazda until they harass thier dealer on the matter. its printed all over the net that this recall covers a rental or replacement vehicle.

Captain KRM P5 said:
i would sue the hell out of that dealer. at worst, i would harass mazda until they harass thier dealer on the matter. its printed all over the net that this recall covers a rental or replacement vehicle.
You bet I'm gonna harass everyone. I'll calm down tomorrow, but I'm steaming right now.

Brad said:
Easy Turbo. Contact the dealer.
Everyone is kinda mum at the dealer. One person told me they had several of the same complaints, and he didn't know what was gonna happen. The dealer has practically no inventory or employees left. The ones left are very vague on what's happening. The manager says to call the accountant at their other location who doesn't pick up the phone. Hertz told me the same thing- they have called every day for 3 months only to talk to an answering machine.

Things dont sound good at that dealer...have you told MazdaUSA about all of this?

Wow. That sucks man. If it were me, personally, I would go to the dealer and leave a stream of people with bleeding ears. You know that the dealership already got reimbursed by Mazda for the recall and the rental. If the bleeding ears doesn't work you will at least feel pretty good on your way to your lawyers.

Rental Claim

Hey 65

Go to another dealer in your area and try it that way. In Canada it was covered with no problems. We had no problems where I work.

Sounds like your dealer is about to go belly up so I would look at another dealer.

Try to go through Mazda.ca for a change to really screw em up.

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom
(cheers)

Zoom5Zoom said:
Hey 65

Go to another dealer in your area and try it that way. In Canada it was covered with no problems. We had no problems where I work.

Sounds like your dealer is about to go belly up so I would look at another dealer.

Try to go through Mazda.ca for a change to really screw em up.

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom
(cheers)
Still waiting, Called Mazda again and received a much better response than the first call. Mazda called the dealer. The dealer called me to bring the letter down, then he tells me basically 'don't hold your breath.'
I have to go to this dealer for the rental $$ because they were the one "billed" for it. Not another Mazda dealer for maybe 30 miles. I'm gonna be bummed if they go under. They've been great until now. As a side note: NOBODY I've been dealing with works there anymore.

Last edited:
don't use the phone. if you want things done, go down there, and don't leave without it getting resolved.

complain b****, and make a scene... trust me after u start yellin in the sales floor room they will comply to keep u quite so u dont scare off customers...

Another idea is to talk to an attroney or threathen to call an attroney on them. If you ended up have to talk to one, ask them to send them a letter and see what they'll do. This might work... Good luck.

mopiko said:
Another idea is to talk to an attroney or threathen to call an attroney on them. If you ended up have to talk to one, ask them to send them a letter and see what they'll do. This might work... Good luck.

take the attorney with you to mazda and let him complain.. it will change there mind fast..... good idea mopiko

shaneMazda2000P said:
take the attorney with you to mazda and let him complain.. it will change there mind fast..... good idea mopiko

Thanks, but unless you know a friend who is an attroney and agree to do this, he (or she) might be breaking the bank for that one. Try go to the dealer and talk, if they gives you crap, then threathen them you will take legal action, then if they ignore him (or her), call an attroney and have them draft an attroney letter and send it to the dealership (cc to Mazda USA too). Then see if they respond. But first he (or she) needs to do is to ask for the cost up front with the attroney, I don't want him (or her) to spend unnecessary money for this.

Back