lift gate rust

space

i was cleaning around the door jams and the lift gate and noticed rust flaking and spots all around the lift gate weld bead area right wear the out side curves around and then it is the part you dont see well the dealer is going to fix since we have anti perferation for 60 mon unlim miles so for all you 2002's look for the RUST and hurry so the dealer can fix it, when i learn how to post pics i will (poke)

I have the same thing on my hatch coming from the seam and the holes for the both badges. The dealer told me to shove it because I was 2000 km over and 3 months over. Mazda has a 3 year surface rust repair and a 5 year penetration repair as far as I can see. For the fuss I put up they will sell me a new lift gate for 200 odd CDN $$$. This might be an option of me because lots of body shops will not warranty their paint work unless it is on a new part so I have been told. Also some other people I know have had rust appear at the seam at the bottom of the doors. Now if i can only make the rust penetrate the metal completely within 5 years they will fix it. (glare)<O:p</O:p

mazda covered my paint issues under goodwill repair, press them on the matter, its a known problem on these cars.

My dealer has a 5 year/60K mile bumper to bumper warranty, including rust. However, it doesn't include rust from rock chips :( Too bad I live on a gravel road and my car has had to drive through road construction its whole life... My poor hood (headshake

If you happen to have a bad dealer, you can always try another.

BTW, nice SIG Mazdacub...

Back