Chirping Sound

BigB

:
2001 Mazda MP3 #60
So, i've had the car about 3 weeks and am getting used to it. Is it normal for the car to make a small chirping sound in neutral at idle? It goes away if I rest my foot on the clutch pedal.

Think it might be the clutch/throw out bearing?

TIA

i have had the exact same thing as you were describing happening for a while now. Mine also has a muted high pitched squeal when im driving in gear, i can hear it in carparks when the sound bounces back at me. if i lightly touch the clutch, it dissapears for a bit. I was thinking throw out bearing aswell but havent had it checked out yet...

na, dont think i have that noise... i got this annoying buzzin sound coming from my cluster sometimes though.... goin to have to fix that soon.

Unless it's some off the wall vibration in the clutch pedal assy, I'm pretty sure it's related to the throw out bearing. Resting your foot on the clutch pedal would cause just enough pressure on the clutch hydraulic system to very slightly firm up the TOB against the clutch fingers (therefore eliminating any free play in the TOB).

thats what my car did. bought a new clutch and new throw out bearing. my throwout bearing almost was fallin apart. get it fixed, bc i waited a while and now my input shaft is a lil fudged.
craig

damn.. don't really want to do that right now as i just put a new clutch in teh SE-R a couple of months ago and did the belts too....

u dont have to get a new clutch, you can just get the throwout bearing i believe. its just a matter of pullin the trans out which is never fun.
craig

First thought that comes to mind is the throwout bearing for sure. I local Honda guy who has a low 12sec Civic has the problem. He just touches the clutch pedal and it stops chirping.

Back