MS6 wheel specs

eE jeremy

I don't take delivery for a couple months, but maybe you guys can help me out. What size wheels are stock 18" x 7"?, what is the lug pattern 5 x ?mm, and last, what is the offset? I'm not diggin the stock wheels...

eE jeremy said:
I don't take delivery for a couple months, but maybe you guys can help me out. What size wheels are stock 18" x 7"?, what is the lug pattern 5 x ?mm, and last, what is the offset? I'm not diggin the stock wheels...
18X7 5-114 and offset is 55 (I think). I'm not a big fan of them either. I wish tirerack would hurry up and list available wheels for the car. If someone knows another place that can guarantee fitment on the MS6 please let us know where.

sounds like fitment is identicle to the MSP except we ran 17" stock. Replacements should follow the same general guidlines, stay high offset (+48mm), i bet you could fit a 7.5 in there, but then again, i would want to wait too until there was a definative answer.

Fitment should follow the regular 6. High offset is a must, and depending on tire size you will need to roll the rear fenders.

There is 4.86 inches of ground clearance vs the 5.1 on the regular sedan, so the drop will mean you definitely need to pay attention to the tire size.

18x8's fit, 18x7.5's fit, once again, given the proper offset and tire size.

I'd much rather size down to a 17" wheel that is 6.5" wide and real lightweight. No need to worry with real wide tires when you've got such a strong awd system

contact area is contact area.... and as the pntiac expression goes... wider is better.

I would be intrested to know what kind of aeffect running a staggered fit on the MS6 would do. The tuning boys in japan have been using Wider wheels/tires in the front, and smaller in the rear to increase turn in and sterring responsivness, and allowing the rear to rotate faster. I know they made a big hoopla about it in a SCC article on the Blitz EVO about a year ago and how much of a difference it made.

Rumpleforeskin said:
I'd much rather size down to a 17" wheel that is 6.5" wide and real lightweight. No need to worry with real wide tires when you've got such a strong awd system

You don't want to go skinnier than stock. That is useless.

You can run a 17x7 or even a 17x8 that is light enough. On a 17x8 you would be able to run different sized tires to get the stagered fitment effect that is mentioned above and still maintain your basic rotational diameter.

StuttersC said:
You don't want to go skinnier than stock. That is useless.

You can run a 17x7 or even a 17x8 that is light enough. On a 17x8 you would be able to run different sized tires to get the stagered fitment effect that is mentioned above and still maintain your basic rotational diameter.

So you could also run 18x8 in the front and 18.7 in the rear for the same effect, correct?

R

Rainman said:
So you could also run 18x8 in the front and 18.7 in the rear for the same effect, correct?

R

Technically, yes. But you would benefit more from running the same sized wheel front and back and simply running a skinnier tire in the rear. If I remember correctly, that is what the SCC article reffered to.

....i wish i could've used my 17x7.5 enkei rpf1 rims with summer tires at the track this summer to see how the car goes with lightweight rims and tires....but i didn't wanna pony the $$ for winter rims....

The service manager at my dealership says that there was a guy who tried to put 17" on his MSP6, but his wheels actually seized up because some slush/ice/snow got up within the wheel and there was no room for the brake calipers. Anyone hear of this happening to anyone else? Can anyone say for 100% if it is possible to put 17s on that car?

nicka said:
The service manager at my dealership says that there was a guy who tried to put 17" on his MSP6, but his wheels actually seized up because some slush/ice/snow got up within the wheel and there was no room for the brake calipers. Anyone hear of this happening to anyone else? Can anyone say for 100% if it is possible to put 17s on that car?

I am currently running high-offset 17" steelies with my winter tires. Originally, the tire guy thought there might be a problem, but they did a test fit and it was OK. I have driven the car through all sorts of crap with our crazy weather lately and I have nad NO problems. Other than the usual rusting rotors when the rotors are wet (I experience this problem on both the MSP and MS6) I have no issues at all with the wheels. I was actually considering putting 17" on the car in the summer since I am not a fan of the stock rims.

R

Rainman said:
I am currently running high-offset 17" steelies with my winter tires. Originally, the tire guy thought there might be a problem, but they did a test fit and it was OK. I have driven the car through all sorts of crap with our crazy weather lately and I have nad NO problems. Other than the usual rusting rotors when the rotors are wet (I experience this problem on both the MSP and MS6) I have no issues at all with the wheels. I was actually considering putting 17" on the car in the summer since I am not a fan of the stock rims.

R

Thanks, Rainman. What offset do you have on those steelies?

nicka said:
Thanks, Rainman. How much of an offset are we talkin here?

I'll have to check that for you. I don't know the exact measurement off-hand.

R

the offset is "high" like most import cars witch means 35+ offset would be fine for any aftermarket wheels with a 5/4.50-114.3 lug pattern

Back